|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Enkidu go to a celebration in Uruk?
(a) To eat at the feast
(b) Because he wants to be part of the celebration
(c) To stop Gilgamesh from sleeping with a new bride
(d) To dance with the woman
2. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
3. Why does Enkidu not like living in the city?
(a) Because he feels weak and idle
(b) Because he prefers sleeping outside
(c) Because he does not have a house of his own
(d) Because he misses the shepherds
4. To whom do the people of Uruk pray?
5. What type of drink is Enkidu used to drinking?
(a) The milk of wild animals
(b) Water from a stream
(c) Cow's milk
(d) The wine drunk in the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gilgamesh vow to throw Humbaba's body?
2. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
3. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
4. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
5. What university in Pennsylvania owns a large portion of the Gilgamesh tablets?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)