|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman called who seduces Enkidu?
(a) The harlot
(b) The courtesan
(c) The courtier
2. Who helps Enkidu and Gilgamesh defeat Humbaba?
(a) Animals in the forest
(b) They do not defeat Humbaba.
(d) The shepherds
3. Why does Enkidu go to a celebration in Uruk?
(a) To stop Gilgamesh from sleeping with a new bride
(b) To dance with the woman
(c) To eat at the feast
(d) Because he wants to be part of the celebration
4. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
5. Gilgamesh's dreams are a realization of his personal what?
(a) knowledge given by the gods
(b) Hopes for the future
(d) curse put on him by the woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
2. Where does Gilgamesh see the ax in his dream?
3. At what time of night does Gilgamesh awaken Enkidu to tell him about his dream?
4. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
5. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)