|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enkidu feel about the journey into the forest?
(a) He is worried about the quest.
(b) He plans to kill Humbaba himself.
(c) He hopes to see the shepherds again.
(d) He is excited to get out of Uruk.
2. With whom does Enkidu live?
(a) The woman
(b) A group of shepherds
(c) The gods
(d) A pack of wolves
3. What is another name for the cedar forest?
(a) The dwelling place of the gods
(b) Utnapishtim's stronghold
(c) The home of Shamash
(d) The end of the world
4. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
(a) Never touched it
(b) Broke it down
(c) Chopped it to pieces
(d) Burned it down
5. Line 42 at the end of Tablet 4 is called what kind of line?
(a) A catch-line
(b) A final-line
(c) A culminating line
(d) A imaginary line
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
2. What other people try to discourage Gilgamesh from undertaking his voyage to engage Humbaba?
3. What happens to those who go to the cedar forest?
4. How far do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk each day?
5. How does Gilgamesh say that Enkidu's paralysis will end?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)