|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A rose bush
(b) A mole
(c) A thorn brush
(d) A tree
2. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The tides of the sea
(b) The rising and setting of the moon
(c) The rising and setting of the sun
(d) The people of Uruk
3. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
4. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The Babylonian Noah
(b) The god of the moon
(c) The god of the underworld
(d) The goddess of the sea
5. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
2. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
3. How do Gilgamesh and Enkidu establish their friendship?
4. What did Ishtar turn the shepherd into?
5. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)