* Gilgamesh is a great hero who accomplishes great deeds in his life.
* In his early years Gilgamesh rules his people unwisely and unfairly.
* The people of Uruk are tired of being oppressed and pray to the gods to bring salvation.
* In answer to the prayers of the people the gods create Enkidu.
* Enkidu is equal to Gilgamesh in strength but the opposite of him in character.
* Enkidu looses his strength when he spends a week with a woman. The woman also gives him knowledge of man.
* Gilgamesh has two dreams. In one dream he sees a meteorite, in the other he sees an axe.
* These portents signify the arrival of Enkidu who will be a companion for Gilgamesh.
* Enkidu lives with the shepherds who teach him to talk, eat and live in civilized society.
* Enkidu protects the shepherds from animals and gives them peace.
* Gilgamesh and...
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)