|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Enrique's mother demands that he stop doing what or he must leave the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Talking back to her boyfriend.
(b) Going out at night.
(c) Abusing Maria Isabel.
(d) Sniffing paint thinner.
2. In Chapter 4, some residents have decided that giving migrants food and prayer is not enough, so what do they do?
(a) They deport them.
(b) They fly them to the United States.
(c) They open up their churches, invite them to stay in their homes, and, sometimes, protect them from police.
(d) They take them back to their families.
3. How old is Soledad Vasquez?
4. Where is Enrique arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Fort Knox.
5. In schools, how many children are an immigrant or the child of one, according to the author in the Afterword?
(a) One in eight.
(b) One in ten.
(c) One in four.
(d) One in five.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did El Trinidaro's body show up in Nuevo Laredo?
2. Francisca Aguirre Juárez sometimes does what to gain support of the local police?
3. How are the residents of Mexico City described in their behavior toward the migrants?
4. When was Enrique's Journey first published in book form?
5. How old is Lourdes' boyfriend's son whom he smuggles into the U.S. in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Enrique arrive after crossing the border into the U.S.? Where is he taken next and by whom?
2. What problems arise with Enrique and Maria Isabel in the Epilogue?
3. How are the residents of Veracruz described in Chapter 4?
4. What do the police do when they capture Enrique outside of Cordoba?
5. What about Belky's childhood does Enrique resent?
6. What happens when Enrique is arrested in Jacksonville, Florida? Where is he taken?
7. Who is Hipolito Reyes Larios and what is his role in the narrative?
8. What vices does Enrique engage in throughout the narrative? What problems do they cause him?
9. What causes the strife between Enrique and Lourdes after his arrival in the U.S.?
10. How does Enrique go about obtaining his mother's phone number in Chapter 5?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)