|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "A Mother's Embrace," Epilogue: "Two Promises," Afterword: "Immigrant Nation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jasmin begun calling Belky's husband in Chapter 8?
2. How does Maria Isabel reach the United States?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By riding the trains.
(c) By crossing mountains.
(d) On buses and trucks.
3. What does the mayor in Chapter 2 do for Enrique?
(a) He calls his mother so she can come get him.
(b) He has him sent back to Honduras.
(c) He takes him to jail.
(d) He drags out a wooden church pew for Enrique to lie down.
4. Who is the mayor of San Pedro Taanatepec?
(a) Karla Yamileth Chavez.
(b) Guillermo Toledo Montes.
(c) Carlos Carrasco.
(d) Adan Diaz Ruiz.
5. Who is Lourdes' sister that calls her to criticize about Maria Isabel in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does María Isabel pray?
2. Who is the gangster that sleeps next to Enrique in Chapter 3?
3. How does Belky react to her mother's disappearance?
4. Who is Diana?
5. Who is cooking in the kitchen at Lourdes' home when Enrique arrives in Chapter 6?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)