|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Enrique and the other migrants cross the river in Chapter 6?
(a) On an inner tube.
(b) On a kayak.
(c) On a motorboat.
(d) On a fishing boat.
2. What does Maria Isabel name the daughter she has in Chapter 6?
(a) Katerin Jasmin.
(b) Jennifer Anna.
(c) Anna Maria.
(d) Maria Andreas.
3. Who are madrinas?
(a) They are men who threaten migrants with machetes.
(b) They are migrants themselves
(c) They are local priests.
(d) They are men who help migrants.
4. What does Enrique decide he is going to do after he robs his family?
(a) He is going to get a job and buy a home.
(b) He is going to apologize to his grandmother and move back home.
(c) He is going to go find his mother.
(d) He is going to marry María Isabel.
5. What kind of vehicle do Enrique and the migrants get into after crossing the border in Chapter 6?
(a) A Jeep Wrangler.
(b) A Chevy Blazer.
(c) A BMW sedan.
(d) A Ford Explorer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more money do the smugglers ask Enrique's mother for after he crosses the border?
2. On what date does Enrique arrive with Lourdes' boyfriend in Chapter 6?
3. How does Belky react to her mother's disappearance?
4. Who is Lourdes' sister that calls her to criticize about Maria Isabel in Chapter 7?
5. On his eighth trip through Chiapas, where does Enrique decide to sleep?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)