|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Facing the Beast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lourdes fear having a smuggler get her childen over the border?
(a) She worries the smuggler would sell them into child trafficking.
(b) She worries the smuggler might try to marry one of them.
(c) She worries the smuggler would hurt or abandon them.
(d) She worries the smuggler would swindle them.
2. What happens to Santos?
(a) Santos stays home to help care for the baby.
(b) Santos is deported to Honduras and is never heard from again.
(c) Santos marries Lourdes.
(d) Santos moves across the United States.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what happens to Enrique?
(a) He gets a job in Oaxaca, Mexico.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He arrives in America.
(d) He wanders into Las Anonas bleeding and hurt.
4. How much money per month does Lourdes pay to live in a converted carport?
5. Of the children who enter the U.S. illegally, what percentage are looking for their mothers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are boxcars dangerous to ride atop?
2. What IS NOT one of the dangers associated with the train tracks in Chiapas?
3. What is the youngest child Enrique has encountered on the trains?
4. How many Central American immigrants get help from a smuggler?
5. To whom does the field worker that discovers him direct Enrique?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)