|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: "Facing the Beast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enrique sleep after the doctor is finished with him?
(a) He sleeps on the concrete floor of the police command post.
(b) He sleeps at the doctor's house.
(c) He sleeps under a tree.
(d) He sleeps in a villager's home.
2. What happens to María's plan to go after Enrique?
(a) Enrique comes home, so she does not have to go find him.
(b) She is talked out of it by her family.
(c) Her friend backs out.
(d) She does not have the money to go.
3. Who is the field worker that discovers Enrique stumbling in a field?
(a) Adan Diaz Ruiz.
(b) Miguel Rellana.
(c) Carlos Carrasco.
(d) Sirenio Gómez Fuentes.
4. Why does Diaz decide to help Enrique?
(a) Diaz knows that burying Enrique would cost more than taking him to the local doctor.
(b) He does it because he has a son Enrique's age.
(c) He feels like it's his calling to help migrants.
(d) He does it as a favor for Mayor Carrasco.
5. La Arrocera is known as what among the migrants?
(a) It is known as the best stop along the journey.
(b) It is known as a place where migrants will be helped.
(c) It is known as the most dreaded immigration checkpoint in Mexico.
(d) It is known as a safe place.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what happens to Enrique?
2. What happens to most children who set out on the journey to find their mothers?
3. What long-term effect may Enrique have from his concussion in Chapter 2?
4. What other nickname does Nazario share for the train?
5. Why is Enrique assaulted?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)