|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue - Chapter 1: "The Boy Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to most children who set out on the journey to find their mothers?
(a) They do not make it.
(b) They go to college in the United States.
(c) They find their mothers.
(d) They become United States citizens.
2. With whom does Maria Isabel love when she meets Enrique?
(a) Her Aunt Gloria.
(b) Her mother Maria Ana.
(c) Her Uncle Pedro.
(d) Her sister Anna.
3. How did most of the immigrants Nazario talked to make it to the U.S.?
(a) They took a bus.
(b) They drove.
(c) They road the top of trains.
(d) They took an airplane.
4. How long does Lourdes plan to stay in the United States?
(a) She plans to stay for one year.
(b) She plans to stay for five years.
(c) She plans to stay for six months.
(d) She plans to stay forever.
5. Where does Enrique live when his initially mother leaves?
(a) He lives with a friend.
(b) He lives with Belky.
(c) He lives with his father, Luis.
(d) He lives with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many estimated children enter the United States illegally without either parent?
2. How many Central American immigrants get help from a smuggler?
3. Why do many Honduran mothers pull their children from school?
4. Who is Diana?
5. Of the children who enter the U.S. illegally, what percentage are looking for their mothers?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)