|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does María del Carmen Ortega García help migrants?
(a) Because she was forced to by her priest.
(b) Because she tried to make it to the U.S., and she knows how hard it is.
(c) Because her 18-year-old son was deported from the U.S., and she does not know what happened to him after he was driven across the border.
(d) Because she wanted to get credit for helping migrants.
2. What happens to officials who try to stop the abuse of immigrants?
(a) They are fired.
(b) They are awarded the Medal of Honor.
(c) They are promoted.
(d) They receive repeated death threats.
3. How much money does Enrique hope to save and then move home and build a house and start a business in Chapter 7?
4. How do Enrique and the other migrants cross the river in Chapter 6?
(a) On a kayak.
(b) On a motorboat.
(c) On a fishing boat.
(d) On an inner tube.
5. How old is Diana when Santos returns to Lourdes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the residents of Mexico City described in their behavior toward the migrants?
2. Why does Enrique not turn to God for help?
3. What is the average age of the child caught by the Border Patrol?
4. Who is Lourdes' sister that calls her to criticize about Maria Isabel in Chapter 7?
5. What is they nickname Nazario uses for the train in Chapter 3?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)