|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diaz decide to help Enrique?
(a) Diaz knows that burying Enrique would cost more than taking him to the local doctor.
(b) He does it as a favor for Mayor Carrasco.
(c) He feels like it's his calling to help migrants.
(d) He does it because he has a son Enrique's age.
2. In Chapter 4, the impetus to help migrants comes from whom?
(b) The local bishop, Hipólito Reyes Larios.
(c) The local police.
(d) La migra.
3. Where does Enrique sleep after the doctor is finished with him?
(a) He sleeps in a villager's home.
(b) He sleeps at the doctor's house.
(c) He sleeps under a tree.
(d) He sleeps on the concrete floor of the police command post.
4. How much money does Enrique hope to save and then move home and build a house and start a business in Chapter 7?
5. How many estimated children enter the United States illegally without either parent?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the states of Oaxaca and Veracruz, what does Enrique receive?
2. What happens to Lourdes when she arrives in Los Angeles?
3. What is Marco Antonio Zablah's job?
4. Into what U.S. state is Enrique crossing in Chapter 6?
5. On average, how many migrant girls are sexually assaulted during their journey?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)