|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Belky live when her mother leaves?
(a) She lives with her grandmother.
(b) She lives with her family.
(c) She lives with a friend.
(d) She lives with an aunt.
2. Where does Enrique sleep after the doctor is finished with him?
(a) He sleeps in a villager's home.
(b) He sleeps under a tree.
(c) He sleeps at the doctor's house.
(d) He sleeps on the concrete floor of the police command post.
3. How are the residents of Mexico City described in their behavior toward the migrants?
(a) They are overly friendly and helpful.
(b) They are intense in their hatred for the migrants.
(c) They offer the migrants money and food.
(d) They are neither friendly nor helpful.
4. How old was Enrique when he had to start working?
5. What other nickname does Nazario share for the train?
(a) The Train of Distance.
(b) The Train of Death.
(c) The Train of Despair.
(d) The Train That Devours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest do with the $37,500 he saved for retirement?
2. What do María Isabel and a friend decide in Chapter 2 that they are going to do?
3. How many derailments does Enrique's train average a month?
4. On what days does Enrique call Maria Isabel?
5. What is they nickname Nazario uses for the train in Chapter 3?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)