|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Enrique sleep after the doctor is finished with him?
(a) He sleeps on the concrete floor of the police command post.
(b) He sleeps at the doctor's house.
(c) He sleeps in a villager's home.
(d) He sleeps under a tree.
2. How many migrants have died in 2000 alone crossing the river where Enrique crosses in Chapter 6?
3. With whom does Maria Isabel love when she meets Enrique?
(a) Her Uncle Pedro.
(b) Her sister Anna.
(c) Her Aunt Gloria.
(d) Her mother Maria Ana.
4. Where does Enrique go to live after he leaves his grandmother's house?
(a) He goes to live by himself.
(b) He goes to live with a friend.
(c) He goes to live with María Isabel.
(d) He goes to live with his Uncle Marco.
5. Who is the doctor that sees Enrique in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Karla Yamileth Chavez.
(b) Dr. Guillermo Toledo Montes.
(c) Dr. Adan Diaz Ruiz.
(d) Dr. Carlos Carrasco
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many migrants credit with their progress?
2. When Enrique flags down a down a car after being released from the hospital, what does the driver do?
3. Because of police brutality toward migrants, the people of El Campesino El Mirador told the mayor of Nogales to do what?
4. On Ash Wednesday, all 40 churches and 11 rectories take up a collection and raise how much money?
5. What is Enrique wearing when he first appears in Chapter 2?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)