|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "Seeking Mercy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many migrants who arrive at the Albergue Belén shelter in Tapachula, on average, are robbed, beaten, or extorted by police?
(a) One out of three are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(b) None of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted
(c) All of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(d) Four out of five are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
2. What does Enrique lose in the assault?
(a) He loses his sister.
(b) He loses his mother's phone number.
(c) He loses his bible.
(d) He loses his friend.
3. What does María Isabel pray?
(a) She prays she is pregnant with twins.
(b) She prays she is not pregnant.
(c) She prays that Mexican Immigration authorities will catch Enrique and bring him back to Honduras.
(d) She prays she can join Enrique on his journey.
4. What fueled the wave of female immigrants' entry into the United States?
(a) Female immigrants could easily come to the United States.
(b) The United States' need for cheap service and domestic workers.
(c) The United States government welcomed female immigrants.
(d) Female immigrants needed to get away from their children.
5. What do María Isabel and a friend decide in Chapter 2 that they are going to do?
(a) They will forget about Enrique and move on.
(b) The will tell la migra to find Enrique.
(c) They will call United States Customs and have them send Enrique back.
(d) The two of them will journey to the United States together.
Short Answer Questions
1. On average, how many migrants do Ariaga's Red Cross workers retrieve?
2. How did most of the immigrants Nazario talked to make it to the U.S.?
3. Why does Lourdes fear having a smuggler get her childen over the border?
4. What does Enrique do to escape his attackers?
5. How long does Lourdes plan to stay in the United States?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)