|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "Seeking Mercy".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Maria Isabel love when she meets Enrique?
(a) Her mother Maria Ana.
(b) Her Uncle Pedro.
(c) Her Aunt Gloria.
(d) Her sister Anna.
2. What habit does Enrique develop?
(a) He bites his nails.
(b) He becomes addicted to sniffing glue.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He pulls at his hair.
3. How long did Sonia Nazario spend traveling in Honduras, Mexico, and the United States for the book?
(a) She spent three weeks.
(b) She spent two years.
(c) She spent one year.
(d) She spent six months.
4. What do María Isabel and a friend decide in Chapter 2 that they are going to do?
(a) They will call United States Customs and have them send Enrique back.
(b) They will forget about Enrique and move on.
(c) The two of them will journey to the United States together.
(d) The will tell la migra to find Enrique.
5. How many migrants who arrive at the Albergue Belén shelter in Tapachula, on average, are robbed, beaten, or extorted by police?
(a) None of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted
(b) All of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(c) One out of three are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(d) Four out of five are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lourdes plan to stay in the United States?
2. Who is Diana?
3. How many estimated children enter the United States illegally without either parent?
4. With whom does Belky live when her mother leaves?
5. What happens to Santos?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)