|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Gifts and Faith" - Chapter 5: "On the Border".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the priest, Ignacio Villanueva Areteaga, point as another refugee?
(b) His family.
(d) The baby Jesus.
2. What is they nickname Nazario uses for the train in Chapter 3?
(a) Freedom Express.
(b) Dream Chaser.
(c) The Iron Worm.
(d) Freedom Alley.
3. What can happen to migrants when boxcars are locked from the outside?
(a) People can open the windows for ventilation.
(b) People can ask for help from the conductor if conditions are uncomfortable.
(c) People can access water from inside.
(d) People can overheat, suffocate, and die.
4. How many migrants who arrive at the Albergue Belén shelter in Tapachula, on average, are robbed, beaten, or extorted by police?
(a) One out of three are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(b) None of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted
(c) All of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(d) Four out of five are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
5. In Chapter 2, it is March 24, 2000. How long has Enrique been without his mom?
(a) He has been without her for his entire life.
(b) He has been without her for five years.
(c) He has been without her for two years.
(d) He has been without her for 11 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Enrique live when his initially mother leaves?
2. How many Central American immigrants get help from a smuggler?
3. What does 30 pesos equal in American currency?
4. What is Enrique wearing when he first appears in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to María's plan to go after Enrique?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)