|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Gifts and Faith" - Chapter 5: "On the Border".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Enrique assaulted?
(a) He has made other migrants angry.
(b) The police are angry because he's trying to get across the border.
(c) The men rob him.
(d) His family has caught up with him, and they want to hurt him.
2. According to Nazario, how many immigrants enter the United States illegally each year?
3. On which prayer do some immigrants rely?
(a) Their night time prayer.
(b) La Oracíon a las Tres Divinas Personas.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) Group prayer.
4. How many migrants who arrive at the Albergue Belén shelter in Tapachula, on average, are robbed, beaten, or extorted by police?
(a) Four out of five are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(b) One out of three are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(c) All of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted.
(d) None of them are robbed, beaten, or extorted
5. When church members are arrested for helping migrants, what do they sometimes have to do to avoid charges?
(a) Pay a bribe.
(b) Sign a contract that says they will not help again.
(d) Talk to the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Enrique careful not to fall asleep on the train?
2. How did most of the immigrants Nazario talked to make it to the U.S.?
3. What does María Isabel pray?
4. To whom does the priest, Ignacio Villanueva Areteaga, point as another refugee?
5. What does Enrique decide he is going to do after he robs his family?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)