|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: "A Dark River, Perhaps a New Life" - Chapter 7: "The Girl Left Behind".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Enrique hope to save and then move home and build a house and start a business in Chapter 7?
2. What does Enrique do to escape his attackers?
(a) He jumps from the moving train.
(b) He hides.
(c) He screams for help.
(d) He crawls inside a box car.
3. Enrique's mother demands that he stop doing what or he must leave the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Talking back to her boyfriend.
(b) Going out at night.
(c) Sniffing paint thinner.
(d) Abusing Maria Isabel.
4. When Enrique flags down a down a car after being released from the hospital, what does the driver do?
(a) He drives him to the Rio Grande.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He takes Enrique to a migrant checkpoint and turns him over.
(d) He drives him to the train.
5. Why does Enrique express resentment regarding his sister's circumstances growing up in comparison with his own?
(a) She was allowed to stay up late.
(b) She got an education.
(c) She got married to a rich man young.
(d) She was sent to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enrique have on his shins in Chapter 3?
2. With whom does Maria Isabel live while raising her daughter in Chapter 7?
3. After Díaz decides to help Enrique, he turns him over to his driver. On the way to the doctor, the are approached by a municipal officer. What startles Enrique about this encounter?
4. What allows Enrique to sleep behind the black iron gates in Chapter 3?
5. What is the youngest child Enrique has encountered on the trains?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)