|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kip work with in Westbury?
(a) Lord Suffolk.
(c) The English patient.
(d) American soldiers.
2. What does Hana think of Caravaggio giving what he does to the English patient?
(a) She thinks it's a good idea.
(b) She is afraid it will hurt him.
(c) She doesn't approve.
(d) She encourages it.
3. Who catches what Caravaggio knocks off the table?
(b) The English patient.
(c) The dog.
4. What did the English patient wrap around Katharine?
(a) A parachute.
(b) A towel.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A blanket.
5. What is special about the bomb Lord Suffolk was dismantling?
(a) It was the most powerful one made.
(b) It was the first.
(c) It had a trick.
(d) It was the oldest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Kip and Hana sleep beside each other with no intimacy?
2. What is the person waiting by the gate holding when Kip leaves the villa?
3. Who does Caravaggio suspect the English patient is?
4. Why doesn't Hana believe Caravaggio about the English patient's identity?
5. Why was the town of Naples evacuated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is prejudice brought up in Chapter 7?
2. Describe the scene in Naples that Kip tells to Hana.
3. What do you think it would be like to be Geoffrey Clifton in this story? Why?
4. Explain the reasoning behind Caravaggio wanting to drug the English patient.
5. What does Kip's story about the bomb in a pit represent?
6. Explain the conflict between Hana and Caravaggio concerning the English patient's identity.
7. What does Kip do in response to being upset?
8. How does Hana resolve the issue of her father's death?
9. What revelation does Kip have regarding his tendency to seek out affectionate relationships?
10. What impact does the death of Lord Suffolk have on Kip? How does it affect his relationship with Hana?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)