|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Kip walking through the garden at the villa?
(b) The English patient.
(d) No one.
2. Who does Hana find sleeping on the couch?
(a) The English patient.
(b) The dog.
3. How does Kip find out about becoming a sapper?
(a) His father was a sapper.
(b) He sees it on a flyer.
(c) He reads it in the newspaper.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
4. To whom does Hana write a letter before she leaves the villa?
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) Kip's family.
5. What year does Kip work with his mentor and his secretary?
6. How does the English patient describe this time of Katharine's life?
(a) As a time of self-discovery.
(b) As a crucial state in development.
(c) As a psychotic break.
(d) As a mid-life crisis.
7. How long does the English patient stay in jail?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Seven years.
8. What organization does Kip belong to?
(a) British Intelligence.
(b) Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) The British army.
(d) Geographical Society.
9. What does Caravaggio give the English patient in Chapter 6?
(a) Alcohol and morphine.
(c) A muscle relaxer and some water.
10. What do Kip and Hana do after they wash their hair?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Lay in the sun.
(c) Brush each other's hair.
(d) Play tennis.
11. What year did the English patient leave Gilf Kebir?
12. What does the English patient find in the Cave of Swimmers?
(a) A snake.
(b) Katharine's body in a parachute.
(c) Clifton's keys to the plane.
(d) An old journal.
13. What was Kip given when he was visited during a dangerous bomb dismantling?
(b) Cake and cologne.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Water and ice.
14. Who is waiting for Kip by the gate when Kip leaves the villa?
(c) Kip's partner.
(d) The English patient.
15. What happened to the English patient's truck?
(a) It was run into a river.
(b) It exploded.
(c) It was crushed by a tank.
(d) It ran into a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the rumor of war begins, where does Madox go?
2. Why did Clifton crash his plane?
3. How does the English patient get burned?
4. Who does Caravaggio suspect the English patient is?
5. Who does Caravaggio say the English patient worked for?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)