|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the English patient say was left in the desert?
(a) Wild animals.
(c) Women and children.
2. How long does the English patient stay in jail?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two hours.
3. What year did the English patient leave Gilf Kebir?
4. Who does Hana use as a pawn?
(c) The English patient.
5. How does Lord Suffolk die?
(a) The doctors aren't sure.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) A car crash.
(d) A bomb explosion.
6. Who does the English patient eventually tell about his affair with Katharine?
(b) Lord Suffolk.
(c) No one.
7. What did the English patient wrap around Katharine?
(a) A towel.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A parachute.
8. What does Kip retrieve from his tent in the garden at the villa when he is upset?
(a) His food.
(b) His gun.
(c) A journal.
(d) An old bomb.
9. What happened to the English patient's truck?
(a) It was crushed by a tank.
(b) It was run into a river.
(c) It exploded.
(d) It ran into a wall.
10. Who does Caravaggio think was planted in the English patient's expedition?
(b) The American.
11. What did Katharine request to borrow from the English patient?
(a) A towel.
(b) A book.
(c) A camera.
(d) A pencil.
12. Who from his childhood does Kip remember giving him comfort?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ayah.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
13. In a Sikh family, what is traditional for the oldest brother to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Find a place for his parents to live.
(c) Learn to cook.
(d) Get married.
14. Where does Katharine approach the English patient to tell him how she feels about him?
(a) At a party.
(b) By the pond.
(c) At mealtime.
(d) In his tent.
15. What does the English patient find in the Cave of Swimmers?
(a) Katharine's body in a parachute.
(b) An old journal.
(c) A snake.
(d) Clifton's keys to the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the English patient refer to Katharine as his wife?
2. Where does Kip's brother go instead?
3. Who is waiting for Kip by the gate when Kip leaves the villa?
4. Who is Kip's mentor's secretary?
5. Where was the party held in which Almasy was drunk?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)