|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the bomb Lord Suffolk was dismantling?
(a) It was the most powerful one made.
(b) It had a trick.
(c) It was the first.
(d) It was the oldest.
2. Why was the town of Naples evacuated?
(a) It was rigged to explode.
(b) The German armies were coming to attack the city.
(c) Everyone in the town was sick.
(d) A huge typhoon was coming.
3. Who does Kip threaten to kill near the end of the novel?
(b) The British prime minister.
(d) The English patient.
4. What was wrong with the people in Naples who had been staying in caves?
(a) They were very ill.
(b) They were extremely angry.
(c) They had all gone crazy.
(d) They were dead.
5. What do Kip and Hana try to find in their game as they move around the villa?
(a) The dog.
(b) Special foods.
(c) Hidden treasures.
(d) Each other.
6. Why does Caravaggio give the English patient what he does in Chapter 6?
(a) To help him relax.
(b) To give him some confidence.
(c) To help relieve the pain.
(d) In order to encourage him to talk.
7. Where does Kip fall asleep when he is in Naples?
(a) Under a statue.
(b) In the villa.
(c) In a motel.
(d) It is unclear.
8. In addition to dismantling bombs, what did Kip learn about from his mentor?
9. How does Lord Suffolk die?
(a) The doctors aren't sure.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) A car crash.
(d) A bomb explosion.
10. Why did Clifton crash his plane?
(a) To kill himself and his children.
(b) To kill himself, his wife, and her lover.
(c) He became blind when he was flying it.
(d) To make his wife feel sorry for him.
11. Who joined the army instead of his brother?
(a) The English patient.
12. What do Kip and Hana do after they wash their hair?
(a) Play tennis.
(b) Have a picnic.
(c) Brush each other's hair.
(d) Lay in the sun.
13. Who does Caravaggio think was planted in the English patient's expedition?
(d) The American.
14. What organization does Kip belong to?
(a) The British army.
(b) Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) British Intelligence.
(d) Geographical Society.
15. Who sees Kip walking through the garden at the villa?
(a) The English patient.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the rumor of war begins, where does Madox go?
2. How does the relationship between Kip and Hana change in Chapter 8?
3. What happened to the English patient's truck?
4. Why does Kip become upset in Chapter 10?
5. How long did the English patient walk in the desert?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)