|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katharine's last name?
(b) It is not clear.
2. Where in the villa does Kip sleep?
(a) In the guest bedroom.
(b) In a tent in the gardens.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the room with the English patient.
3. Who rescued the English patient from the desert?
(a) Kip and his troops.
(b) No one.
(d) A group of Bedouin.
4. When in Chapter 5 does the English patient suffer?
(a) After he is injured in battle.
(b) When he finds out his mother is dead.
(c) When he is apart from his beloved.
(d) When his lover cheats on him.
5. Why does Hana like the villa?
(a) There are lots of places to hide.
(b) She feels protected.
(c) She likes being alone.
(d) She can sing and no one will hear her.
6. With whom does the English patient fall in love during the desert exploration?
(d) The general's girlfriend.
7. Why does Katharine feel guilty?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) She doesn't feel badly for her sick husband.
(c) She is having an affair.
(d) She is able to eat more than her child.
8. Why has the library been cordoned off?
(a) The reason is unclear.
(b) The floor is missing.
(c) There are dangerous animals living there.
(d) The threat of booby traps.
9. For whom does Caravaggio work during the war?
(a) A coalmining company.
(b) The German government.
(c) British Intelligence.
(d) The American CIA.
10. Why does the English patient love the desert?
(a) It is a place where people can be anonymous.
(b) He likes the heat.
(c) He was born there.
(d) It reminds him of his wife.
11. Which of the following describes the English patient's desert exploration?
12. How is the English patient's love affair described?
(a) Conspicuous and flamboyant.
(b) Distant and removed.
(c) Gentle and secretive.
(d) Passionate and violent.
13. Who does Hana remind Caravaggio of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His cousin.
14. Why does Kip originally come to the villa?
(a) He is hungry and sick.
(b) To rid it of land mines.
(c) To be reunited with Hana.
(d) He is looking for his fiancée.
15. Where in the villa does Hana sleep?
(a) In different rooms.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the master suite.
(d) In the English patient's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hana use to rebuild the parts of missing staircases in the villa?
2. What organization does the English patient belong to?
3. What injury has Caravaggio endured in the war?
4. Why is Hana's love for Kip destined to fail?
5. What game does Hana play in the villa?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)