|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, August.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kip originally come to the villa?
(a) He is looking for his fiancée.
(b) He is hungry and sick.
(c) To rid it of land mines.
(d) To be reunited with Hana.
2. What does the reader know about Katharine from Chapter 5?
(a) She is loyal and funny.
(b) She is calm and gentle.
(c) She has strong emotions.
(d) She is extremely controlled and rational.
3. Why is the English patient harsh when Katharine ends the relationship?
(a) He knows she will come back to him.
(b) He really doesn't care.
(c) He is afraid her husband is listening.
(d) He is hurt and angry.
4. How does Caravaggio know Hana?
(a) He is a friend of her father's.
(b) Hana previously met Caravaggio in a hospital.
(c) Caravaggion is Hana's cousin.
(d) They dated in high school.
5. What natural occurrences does the English patient encounter during his travels?
(a) Dust storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location of the hospital where Caravaggio is staying at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does Kip admire about the English patient?
3. Why have Kip and his partner come to the villa?
4. How many sappers stayed in Naples?
5. Who from his childhood does Kip remember giving him comfort?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)