|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Katharine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caravaggio think Hana is staying with the English patient?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She wants to escape her duties.
(c) She made a promise to her father.
(d) She is physically ill.
2. What does Kip find in the garden?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A ring.
(c) The English patient's journal.
(d) A cat.
3. Which of the following belongings does Kip have with him when he arrives at the villa for the first time?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A radio set.
(c) A razor.
(d) A horse.
4. Why has the library been cordoned off?
(a) There are dangerous animals living there.
(b) The reason is unclear.
(c) The floor is missing.
(d) The threat of booby traps.
5. What does the reader know about Katharine from Chapter 5?
(a) She has strong emotions.
(b) She is calm and gentle.
(c) She is extremely controlled and rational.
(d) She is loyal and funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kip's partner die?
2. Who falls in love with the English patient at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Caravaggio sneak into the room of the German general?
4. Who decides to end the love affair?
5. Why does Katharine panic when she is in the desert?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)