|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, In Near Ruins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the library been cordoned off?
(a) The floor is missing.
(b) The threat of booby traps.
(c) There are dangerous animals living there.
(d) The reason is unclear.
2. What is the real reason why Hana is staying with the English patient?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She is afraid to leave the villa.
(c) She promised herself she wouldn't let him die.
(d) She is overwhelmed by watching soldiers die.
3. What is the location of the hospital where Caravaggio is staying at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) The United States.
4. How does Caravaggio escape from the general's room?
(a) He jumps out the window.
(b) He climbs through the vents.
(c) He causes a distraction.
(d) He runs out the door.
5. Who does Hana remind Caravaggio of?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caravaggio think Hana is staying with the English patient?
2. What do Hana and the English patient do when they are not talking?
3. Who rescued the English patient from the desert?
4. Where in the villa does Hana sleep?
5. Who enters the room as Hana plays on the instrument in the library?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)