1. During what historical event does this novel take place?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
2. What is Hana's profession?
(c) Social worker.
3. What is Kip's profession?
4. Why does Kip originally come to the villa?
(a) He is looking for his fiancÃ©e.
(b) To rid it of land mines.
(c) He is hungry and sick.
(d) To be reunited with Hana.
5. Where does Hana get her vegetables?
(a) Kip brings them.
(b) Her garden.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The market.
6. What purpose did the villa serve before the English patient arrived there?
(a) It was a storage facility for weaponry.
(b) It was a barn for large animals.
(c) It housed allied soldiers.
(d) It was a temporary hospital.
7. What is wrong with the English patient?
(a) He has had brain damage.
(b) He is severely burned.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has broken limbs.
8. Who rescued the English patient from the desert?
(b) A group of Bedouin.
(c) Kip and his troops.
(d) No one.
This section contains 4,117 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)