Chapter 1, The Villa
1. During what historical event does this novel take place?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
2. What is Hana's profession?
(b) Social worker.
3. What is Kip's profession?
4. Why does Kip originally come to the villa?
(a) He is hungry and sick.
(b) He is looking for his fiancée.
(c) To be reunited with Hana.
(d) To rid it of land mines.
5. Where does Hana get her vegetables?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Kip brings them.
(c) The market.
(d) Her garden.
6. What purpose did the villa serve before the English patient arrived there?
(a) It was a storage facility for weaponry.
(b) It was a barn for large animals.
(c) It was a temporary hospital.
(d) It housed allied soldiers.
7. What is wrong with the English patient?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has had brain damage.
(c) He is severely burned.
(d) He has broken limbs.
8. Who rescued the English patient from the desert?
(a) A group of Bedouin.
(b) Kip and his troops.
(d) No one.
This section contains 4,117 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)