* Hana, a nurse, is caring for the English patient, a man who has been badly burned.
* Hana volunteered to stay behind in the villa to care for the patient when all other patients and medical staff moved on.
* The English patient spends the days in bed, talking to Hana about how he burned in a plane crash in the desert.
* Hana also often reads to him from books in the library.
* The villa has been scarred from the war, with holes in the walls as well as other damage.
* The library is unsafe due to the threat of booby traps and land mines.
* Hana visits the library anyway.
* During her free time, Hana tends to the garden outdoors and investigates the many rooms in the villa.
* At night, she sleeps in a hammock in different bedrooms.
* The English patient has a book by Herodotus in...
This section contains 1,706 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)