|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Leona's boyfriend, prior to Alec?
2. Jick thinks Ray has a romantic interest in which local girl?
(d) Mary Ellen.
3. Who is Jick's best friend?
4. Who is Isodor?
(a) Stanley's brother.
(b) A man who repairs saddles and bales hay, depending on the season.
(c) A packer, a person who loads supplies onto horses for deliveries.
(d) Lisabeth's brother.
5. In Part 1, who drags Jick down a hillside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of dress does Leona wear to the square dance?
2. At the Fourth of July Picnic, which McCaskill makes a speech?
3. What does Stanley describe as "a dollar a Scotchman's been squeezing?"
4. On Club Day, who arrives to pick up Lisabeth?
5. At the square dance, who does Jick ask to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two main causes of Dode's rodeo injuries?
2. How, at the end of Part 2, does Jick sum up his Fourth of July experiences?
3. During the square dance after the rodeo, how does Jick imagine his parents?
4. Briefly describe the main character of "English Creek," as portrayed early in the novel.
5. How does the appearance of Velma affect Jick, when she arrives at the rodeo?
6. While Mac calls a square dance on the Fourth of July, who does Jick ask to dance and how does she respond?
7. After the rodeo, when Jick says the summer has left him feeling unsettled, how does Ray respond?
8. How is a counting vee used to count sheep?
9. Why is Flame Gulch the McCaskills' favorite spot in the Two Medicine National Forest?
10. After the rodeo, why is Jick unable to finish his conversation with Stanley?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)