|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time every evening does Ray's father turn on his radio?
2. What question does Jick ask Stanley, after the rodeo?
(a) Why Stanley quit his job as ranger in the Two Medicine Forest.
(b) Why Stanley didn't ride in the rodeo.
(c) Why Stanley rode in the rodeo.
(d) Why Stanley doesn't get along with Mac.
3. Jick's parents allow him to ride which horse into town on the Fourth of July?
4. What is Mac's occupation, as the novel begins?
(a) Forest ranger.
(b) Sheep rancher.
5. How does Good Help dress up for a square dance?
(a) Topping off his usual overalls with a flat cap.
(b) A solid-colored shirt rather than the usual plaid.
(c) A pin-stripe suit.
(d) Gray jeans.
6. During dinner with Pete, while Mac is away, Lisabeth avoids discussing what subject?
(a) Forest fires.
(c) The upcoming haying season.
7. After the rodeo, while waiting for the square dance, how does Jick describe his summer?
8. At the beginning of Part 2, where is Mac required to go?
(a) Butte, for a course on deforestation.
(b) Missoula, to meet his brother.
(c) Butte, to renew his ranger certification.
(d) Missoula, for a course on fire danger.
9. Who reveals to Jick, during the Fourth of July Picnic, that he knows Jick drank whiskey with Stanley?
10. At the Fourth of July Picnic, which McCaskill makes a speech?
11. What color is Alec's hair?
12. In Part 1, who drags Jick down a hillside?
13. What does Stanley describe as "a dollar a Scotchman's been squeezing?"
(a) A penny.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A quarter.
14. When an intoxicated Dode approaches Jick prior to the rodeo, what is Jick drinking?
(a) A milkshake.
(c) Orange soda.
(d) Grape soda.
15. What offer does Mac make to Stanley, in Part 1, due to his injury?
(a) He offers to let Jick assist him with delivering supplies.
(b) Hel offers to help Stanley find a job.
(c) He offers to have Jick take Stanley to town, for medical attention.
(d) He offers to assist Stanley with delivering supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the caller at the square dance?
2. What is the name of the local paper for the Two country?
3. Who is Pat Hoy?
4. What is Mac's long-standing bet whenever he and his sons go fishing?
5. What is Ed's occupation?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)