|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Stanley's pack horse?
2. What do Ray and Jick plan to eat during a break from square dancing?
(a) Oyster stew.
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Fried chicken.
3. How does Good Help dress up for a square dance?
(a) Gray jeans.
(b) Topping off his usual overalls with a flat cap.
(c) A solid-colored shirt rather than the usual plaid.
(d) A pin-stripe suit.
4. As Mac prepares to leave for a week, what does he almost forget?
(a) His diary.
(b) To kiss his wife goodbye.
(c) His lunch.
(d) His hat.
5. Who is the caller at the square dance?
6. How much money does Jick's father give him for spending on the Fourth of July?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) A half dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
7. As described in Part 1, Alec is employed by whom?
8. What does Ray jokingly prescribe as a cure for Jick's faults?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Vicks VapoRub.
(c) Oyster stew.
(d) Grape soda.
9. What is the name of the town nearest to the McCaskill's home?
(b) Gros Ventre.
(c) English Creek.
(d) North Fork.
10. What dance does the substitute caller choose?
(a) The Two Medicine Two-Step.
(b) The Montana Four Square.
(c) The Dude and Belle.
(d) The Lord of the Dance.
11. What is the prize for winning the calf roping competition at the rodeo?
(a) A silver cup.
(b) Twenty dollars and supper for four.
(c) A silk shirt.
(d) Thirty dollars and supper for two.
12. On Club Day, who arrives to pick up Lisabeth?
13. With whom does Jick plan to watch the rodeo?
14. What is Alec's special talent?
(b) Working with numbers.
(d) Shearing sheep.
15. During conversation on Thursday while Mac is away, how does Lisabeth describe Leona?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse at the rodeo is dangerously rambunctious in the chute?
2. Who is the announcer at the rodeo?
3. What does Ed say is his most vivid memory of being at war?
4. During Lisabeth's wagon trip as a child, where did she and her family sleep?
5. Garland Hebner is better known by what name?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)