|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mac and Jick leave the scorched mountains, where do they stop to eat?
(a) Sedgwick House.
(b) The Medicine Lodge Saloon.
(c) The Lunchery.
(d) The Double W Ranch.
2. As Mac prepares to leave for a week, what does he almost forget?
(a) His hat.
(b) His lunch.
(c) His diary.
(d) To kiss his wife goodbye.
3. During Jick's first close-up view of the fire, how does he describe the orange flames?
(a) Ravenous tigers devouring the trees.
(b) Orange soda pouring down the mountainside.
(c) A vertical sunset.
(d) A dancing tribe amid the trees.
4. What is a scatter rake?
(a) A hand rake used to remove foreign plant matter from hay fields.
(b) A wheelbarrow with a rake attached, for spreading seed.
(c) A metal device for removing weeds.
(d) A ten-foot axle with two iron wheels, edged with curved teeth.
5. Jick compares his work at home, as assigned by Mac, to what historic event?
(a) The initial ripping plow of human settlement.
(b) Discovering America.
(c) Painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
(d) The birth of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the paperwork Stanley submits for helping with the firefighting effort?
2. Jick thinks Ray has a romantic interest in which local girl?
3. Who was Lisabeth's father?
4. What color is Alec's hair?
5. After the rodeo, who eases Jick away when he tries to question Stanley?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)