|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say is his most vivid memory of being at war?
(a) Killing a man.
(c) Flying planes.
(d) French women.
2. As described in Part 1, Alec is employed by whom?
3. Before Jick leaves Alec and the ranch, what secret does Alec ask him to keep?
(a) Alec has a new girlfriend.
(b) Alec is a scatter raker, not a rider.
(c) Alec plans to leave town.
(d) Alec and Leona are eloping.
4. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Forest ranger.
(b) Running a lumber yard.
(c) Fighter pilot.
(d) Saloon owner.
5. What family occupies the original McCaskill home in Montana, as the novel begins?
(a) The Hebners.
(b) The Heaneys.
(c) The Withrows.
(d) The Reeses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jick visits Alec at his ranch, how do the ranch hands decide which two should go into town with the foreman?
2. During his third day of laboring on Mac's assignment, from whom does Jick hide?
3. Early in "English Creek," what task do Jick and his father set out to do?
4. During Lisabeth's wagon trip as a child, where did she and her family sleep?
5. During haying season, who employs Jick?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)