|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, pages 230-278.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did the McCaskill family emigrate in the 1880s?
2. At Reese Ranch during haying season, what job is usually given to whichever Hebner boy happens to be twelve to fourteen years old?
(b) Stacker team driver.
(c) Running the scatter rake.
(d) Lunch distribution.
3. During conversation on Thursday while Mac is away, how does Lisabeth describe Leona?
4. Who is the caller at the square dance?
5. When Jick visits Alec's bunkhouse, how does Jick determine which bunk is his brother's?
(a) The perfectly made bed.
(b) A picture of Leona.
(c) A picture of the McCaskill family.
(d) The unmade bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pete convince Good Help to leave the hay crew, without actually firing him?
2. Jick's hay crew spends their final days where?
3. What section of the National Forest is still scarred from a fire in 1910, as described in Part 1?
4. What family occupies the original McCaskill home in Montana, as the novel begins?
5. What is Mac's occupation, as the novel begins?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)