|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through English Creek Part 1, Pages 36-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alec's special talent?
(b) Shearing sheep.
(c) Working with numbers.
2. In the morning after spending his first night in a cabin with Stanley, Jick sets off for what destination?
(a) Andy's camp.
(b) Flume Gulch.
(c) The Double W.
(d) Canada Dan's campsite.
3. After leaving Canada Dan, why does Stanley scold Jick when he starts to open the gate to a cabin?
(a) The owner of the cabin could have a weapon.
(b) The cabin would be dangerous shelter in a storm, due to its tin roof.
(c) The gate has a sign that states, "No Trespassing."
(d) It's dangerous to touch a wire fence during an electrical storm.
4. Why does Stanley hang behind Jick and disappear frequently, as the two ride to meet Canada Dan?
(a) He is tending his injury.
(b) He has trouble controlling his horse.
(c) His saddle is broken.
(d) He is taking swigs of whiskey.
5. Through what are sheep herded for the purpose of counting?
(a) A sheep gate.
(b) A needle vee.
(c) The eye of a needle.
(d) A counting vee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jick describe his father, regarding his relationship with the world?
2. What offer does Mac make to Stanley, in Part 1, due to his injury?
3. What is Mac and Jick's favorite spot in the National Forest?
4. In Part 1, who drags Jick down a hillside?
5. How are Jick and Alec related?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)