|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through English Creek Part 1, Pages 36-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley hang behind Jick and disappear frequently, as the two ride to meet Canada Dan?
(a) He has trouble controlling his horse.
(b) His saddle is broken.
(c) He is tending his injury.
(d) He is taking swigs of whiskey.
2. Why did eighteen sheep in the care of Canada Dan die?
(a) They died of thirst.
(b) They were attacked by wolves.
(c) They suffered from a flu-like illness.
(d) They ate death camas, which are poisonous flowers.
3. Who is Pat Hoy?
(a) Herder for Wendell.
(b) Herder for Dode.
(c) Rider for Mac.
(d) A forest ranger.
4. In what part of Montana did Lisabeth grow up?
(a) Gros Ventre.
(b) Noon Creek.
(c) English Creek.
5. In Part 1, who drags Jick down a hillside?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately skins most of the dead sheep?
2. During the second night Jick and Stanley stay at the abandoned cabin, what does Jick do for the first time?
3. What is Mac's occupation, as the novel begins?
4. What section of the National Forest is still scarred from a fire in 1910, as described in Part 1?
5. After leaving Canada Dan, why does Stanley scold Jick when he starts to open the gate to a cabin?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)