|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 pages 308-320.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alec's response, when Jick asks him to help their father fight the forest fire?
(a) He joins the firefighters.
(b) He ask his boss for permission, but is denied.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He explains he is about to leave town.
2. What offer does Mac make to Stanley, in Part 1, due to his injury?
(a) He offers to assist Stanley with delivering supplies.
(b) He offers to have Jick take Stanley to town, for medical attention.
(c) He offers to let Jick assist him with delivering supplies.
(d) Hel offers to help Stanley find a job.
3. Who is injured during the rodeo?
4. How much money does Jick's father give him for spending on the Fourth of July?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) A half dollar.
5. How does Good Help dress up for a square dance?
(a) Gray jeans.
(b) A pin-stripe suit.
(c) A solid-colored shirt rather than the usual plaid.
(d) Topping off his usual overalls with a flat cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prize for winning the calf roping competition at the rodeo?
2. At the rodeo, who wins the calf roping competition?
3. How are Jick and Alec related?
4. Who was Wisdom with, before being brought to the Reese Ranch for the 1939 haying season?
5. During the second night Jick and Stanley stay at the abandoned cabin, what does Jick do for the first time?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)