|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, pages 218-230.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley hang behind Jick and disappear frequently, as the two ride to meet Canada Dan?
(a) He is tending his injury.
(b) He has trouble controlling his horse.
(c) He is taking swigs of whiskey.
(d) His saddle is broken.
2. Through what are sheep herded for the purpose of counting?
(a) A needle vee.
(b) A counting vee.
(c) The eye of a needle.
(d) A sheep gate.
3. Why does Alec visit his parents' house in Part 2?
(a) He needs a shirt for the upcoming rodeo.
(b) He hopes for a dinner invitation.
(c) He wants to announce he is leaving Montana.
(d) He wants his mother's advice about Leona.
4. Who is Pat Hoy?
(a) Herder for Wendell.
(b) Herder for Dode.
(c) A forest ranger.
(d) Rider for Mac.
5. After the square dance, who gets into a fist fight?
(a) Alec and Jick.
(b) Ray and Jick.
(c) Arlee and Mac.
(d) Alec and Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Jick rides in Part 1?
2. During Lisabeth's wagon trip as a child, where did she and her family sleep?
3. Who is the mower on Jick's hay crew?
4. Jick's parents allow him to ride which horse into town on the Fourth of July?
5. Which former English Creek resident is the main topic of the speech made by a McCaskill?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)