|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, pages 278-308.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, where is Mac required to go?
(a) Missoula, to meet his brother.
(b) Missoula, for a course on fire danger.
(c) Butte, to renew his ranger certification.
(d) Butte, for a course on deforestation.
2. During dinner with Pete, while Mac is away, Lisabeth avoids discussing what subject?
(b) The upcoming haying season.
(d) Forest fires.
3. What position does Stanley offer to fill in the firefighting effort?
(a) Fire lookout.
(d) Water carrier.
4. While waiting for the square dance, what criticism does Ray make of Jick?
(a) He says Jick should be a better friend.
(b) He says Jick is lazy.
(c) He says Jick should have ridden in the rodeo.
(d) He says Jick thinks too much.
5. During the ladies' choice dance on the Fourth of July, who does Jick's mother choose?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his third day of laboring on Mac's assignment, from whom does Jick hide?
2. As Mac prepares to leave for a week, what does he almost forget?
3. In the evening after dinner with Pete, what does Jick read about in the local paper?
4. What do Ray and Jick plan to eat during a break from square dancing?
5. How does Mac describe the fact that Jick is starting to grow up?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)