English Creek, Part 1, Pages 1-35
1. As "English Creek" begins, how old is the narrator?
2. How are Jick and Alec related?
(a) Alec is Jick's older brother.
(b) Jick is Alec's father.
(c) Jick is Alec's older brother.
(d) Alec is Jick's father.
3. What is the real first name of Mac?
4. What is Mac's occupation, as the novel begins?
(c) Sheep rancher.
(d) Forest ranger.
5. From what country did the McCaskill family emigrate in the 1880s?
6. What family occupies the original McCaskill home in Montana, as the novel begins?
(a) The Reeses.
(b) The Heaneys.
(c) The Hebners.
(d) The Withrows.
7. Which character often warns others to look to the future rather than to the past?
8. In what part of Montana did Lisabeth grow up?
(b) Gros Ventre.
(c) English Creek.
(d) Noon Creek.
9. Who is the brother of Lisabeth?
This section contains 4,625 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)