|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children that Ceinwyn gives birth to live?
2. Whom does Culhwch say the Christians want to be King?
3. How old is Iseult when she marries King Mark?
4. How long after their wedding day did the wives of King Mark usually die?
5. How many ships does King Mark send to get Tristan and Iseult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mordred's only decisions in the first year of his rule?
2. Why is it odd that Ligessac and the others knew for a week that Arthur and Derfel were coming?
3. When Arthur is at Glevum with Cuneglas, Culhwch, and Derfel, what does he tell the men that he wants?
4. What is Camelot?
5. Who pays for the songs that the bards sing about Tristan and Iseult, and why?
6. Why does King Mark feel he has to placate Arthur when Ialle dies?
7. What does Bishop Cadoc look like?
8. What goes on in Lancelot's kingdom in the years following the oath at the Round Table?
9. When Merlin interrogates Mordred after Derfel hits him, why does Mordred say that he sent Arthur and Derfel away?
10. What does Morgan say happened the night that the tor was destroyed by fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Arthur and Lancelot.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Brotherhood of Britain: its purposes and whether it achieved the goals Arthur had intended for it to achieve. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lancelot is baptized into the Christian religion. Argue whether he was baptized to avoid humiliation or because he saw a vision of the Virgin Mary. Use examples from the book to support your position.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)