|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bishop Sansum marry?
2. How many men does Cadoc have to fight against Arthur and his men?
3. Who is the champion of Kernow?
4. Where does Gwent get most of its wealth?
5. How many spearman does Arthur say will have to be kept on the border with Kernow until the matter with Tristan and Iseult is settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much interest does Mordred show in council meetings?
2. Why does Merlin say that Mordred is evil?
3. How does Derfel sometimes wish the problem with Mordred be solved?
4. What are some of the good things that happen in the summer of 495 C.E.?
5. Why is it odd that Ligessac and the others knew for a week that Arthur and Derfel were coming?
6. Who does Ceinwyn blame for the death of her infant sons?
7. What does Morgan say happened the night that the tor was destroyed by fire?
8. When Merlin interrogates Mordred after Derfel hits him, why does Mordred say that he sent Arthur and Derfel away?
9. How do Merlin's predictions about Guinevere come true?
10. What is Camelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether it was Mordred's idea or Sansum's idea to have Arthur and Derfel ambushed and killed in Cadoc's high valley. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the rivalry and hatred between Morgan and Nimue and the consequences of their enmity. Use examples from "Enemy of God."
Essay Topic 3
Derfel says in Part 3, "Peace, it seemed, excused all." Discuss what it means that peace excuses all and what peace can excuse. Use examples from "Enemy of God."
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)