|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gwent get most of its wealth?
2. Who is the official chief councilor of the king in the days after the oaths of the Brotherhood of Britain?
3. What type of flowers does Arthur pick for Guinevere while they make plans to rescue her and Gwydre?
4. How many children does Sagramor have with Malla?
5. Who supports Mordred's claim to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a dream tower, and what is its purpose?
2. What does Morgan say happened the night that the tor was destroyed by fire?
3. Why is it odd that Ligessac and the others knew for a week that Arthur and Derfel were coming?
4. How does Arthur tell the soldiers to act when they search the village for Ligessac?
5. What goes on in Lancelot's kingdom in the years following the oath at the Round Table?
6. How does Bishop Sansum get rid of the last traces of disgrace he has earned when he once conspired against Arthur?
7. Who pays for the songs that the bards sing about Tristan and Iseult, and why?
8. What message does Bors, Lancelot's champion, deliver to Arthur?
9. How do Merlin's predictions about Guinevere come true?
10. When Merlin interrogates Mordred after Derfel hits him, why does Mordred say that he sent Arthur and Derfel away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Christianity and the religions of Mithras and Isis. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Brotherhood of Britain: its purposes and whether it achieved the goals Arthur had intended for it to achieve. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Taking the position of either Arthur or Derfel, argue whether Tristan and Iseult should have been turned over to King Mark or allowed to find refuge somewhere.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)