|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merlin go after the journey to Ynys Mon?
2. What does Merlin suggest be sacrificed to the gods after wagons are immobilized by a surprise attack by the Saxons?
3. How many days does it take for Merlin and his group to reach Caer Gei?
4. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
5. Who does Cuneglas say is/are the enemies of Powys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Derfel met by the pagans and by the Christians as he and his men march to Corinium?
2. What does Derfel believe will happen on Samain Eve?
3. Who does Arthur want initiated into the fellowship of Mithras and why does Derfel protest?
4. How does Cerdic humiliate Merlin?
5. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
6. How does Lancelot evade being turned down to join the Fellowship of Mithras?
7. Why is Arthur in Derfel's debt after the battle at Lugg Vale?
8. Who is Sagramor?
9. What slows Arthur's troops as they go to battle the Saxons?
10. How did Arthur improve the taxes in Dumnonia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the visions that Arthur, Merlin, and Cuneglas have for Britain. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the decision that Meurig and Lancelot make during the battle with the Saxons and the consequences of their decisions. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Arthur and Lancelot.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)