|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the crosses made from on the lovers' rings that Derfel makes for himself and for Ceinwyn?
(b) Gold from the cauldron.
2. Who put a scar on Derfel's left hand?
3. What was Oengus Mac Airem promised as a share for his part in the battle remembered in Part I?
(a) 100 slaves and 1/3 of Gundleus's treasury.
(b) 75 slaves and 3/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
(c) 50 slaves and 1/2 of Gundleus's treasury.
(d) 100 slaves and 1/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
4. After Merlin suggests a sacrifice to the gods, how many days does Arthur think it will take for Aelle to ready his forces for battle?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
5. Where does Merlin go after the journey to Ynys Mon?
(a) Caer Ambra.
(b) Ynys Trebes.
(c) Ynys Wydryn.
(d) Ynys Wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merlin's suit made from that he wears on the Dark Road?
2. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
3. How many swords does Arthur get when he orders that every household that has a sword that is not already pledged to the army's service should be surrendered?
4. Who is the protector of the monastery where Derfel and Bishop Sansum reside?
5. Who will Arthur send to help King Tewdric face the Saxons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Derfel's childhood history?
2. What did Merlin pledge his life for before leaving to find the cauldron?
3. What does Arthur imply Derfel would gain if he proposes Lancelot for membership in the fellowship of Mithras?
4. Who is Sagramor?
5. When Cavan and his men want to renew their oaths to Derfel, what does he allow them to paint on their shields and why?
6. What did Ceinwyn see when dreamed on Ynys Mon?
7. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
8. What happens when Derfel breaks the bone that Merlin has given him?
9. Why does Nimue kill the King of Siluria at the battle of Lugg Vale?
10. How do Derfel and Igraine keep Bishop Sansum from knowing that Derfel is writing tales of Arthur?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)