|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Guinevere have a new palace built?
(a) Aquae Sulia.
(d) Caer Ambra.
2. How old was Arthur at the time of the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
3. How many chambers branch off the central chamber of the Old People's mound?
4. Who had been the High King before Uther of Dumnonia?
5. Who is the monastery cook where Derfel lives as an old man?
(a) Brother Byron.
(b) Brother Cei.
(c) Brother Merit.
(d) Brother Arun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
2. Who is sent to give Aelle misinformation about Arthur's plans?
3. What nickname does Nimue call Bishop Sansum?
4. How many of Derfel's men left him when he decides to follow the Dark Road?
5. How many days does it take for Merlin and his group to reach Caer Gei?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Derfel and Igraine keep Bishop Sansum from knowing that Derfel is writing tales of Arthur?
2. What does Derfel believe will happen on Samain Eve?
3. What did Ceinwyn see when dreamed on Ynys Mon?
4. How does Derfel picture his life after death?
5. How does Arthur feel about Lancelot's making peace with Cerdic?
6. What do Merlin and Nimue do to protect Ceinwyn after Lancelot's Druids threaten her life?
7. How did Arthur improve the taxes in Dumnonia?
8. Who is Sagramor?
9. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
10. What is left for the dead on Samain Eve?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)