|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mordred's Christian guardian?
(a) He is crucified.
(b) He is dismembered.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is made a slave.
2. How many women does Culhwch, Arthur's cousin, have pregnant when he meets Derfel in Corinium?
3. What does Merlin tell Cerdic he would take in payment for the cauldron?
(a) Cerdic's liver.
(b) Cerdic's heart.
(c) Cerdic's head.
4. How many fishing boats do Merlin, Derfel, and the others commandeer use to get off Ynys Mon?
5. What woman rides with Lancelot to the baptismal site in Corinium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bishop Sansum call Arthur?
2. What trees grow on the steep sides of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
3. What king was killed in the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
4. What does Merlin suggest be sacrificed to the gods after wagons are immobilized by a surprise attack by the Saxons?
5. After Merlin suggests a sacrifice to the gods, how many days does Arthur think it will take for Aelle to ready his forces for battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur imply Derfel would gain if he proposes Lancelot for membership in the fellowship of Mithras?
2. How did Cuneglas and Derfel get along after Ceinwyn refused to marry Lancelot?
3. How does Derfel realize that all the ruses that they had devised to make Aelle attack and the sacrifice they made were wasted efforts?
4. How is Derfel met by the pagans and by the Christians as he and his men march to Corinium?
5. Why does Nimue kill the King of Siluria at the battle of Lugg Vale?
6. How does Cerdic humiliate Merlin?
7. What did Merlin pledge his life for before leaving to find the cauldron?
8. How does Arthur feel about Lancelot's making peace with Cerdic?
9. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
10. How did Arthur pay for all the labor needed to fortify southern Dumnonia for the war against the Saxons?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)