|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Derfel ask Issa to do with Cavan's sword after he dies?
(a) Throw it in a lake.
(b) Take it back to Ireland.
(c) Carry it.
(d) Give it to Sagramor.
2. Who does Arthur want to lead Derfel's men when they go to their next assignment after the battle in Part I?
3. Before the journey to find the cauldron, where does Merlin pledge his life for the search?
(a) Cwm Isaf.
(b) Cadair Idris.
4. Where was the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
(c) Llyn Cerrig Bach.
(d) Lugg Vale.
5. Who is the monastery cook where Derfel lives as an old man?
(a) Brother Cei.
(b) Brother Arun.
(c) Brother Merit.
(d) Brother Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Arthur's spearmen are Christians?
2. Where does Guinevere have a new palace built?
3. Who had been the High King before Uther of Dumnonia?
4. What is Merlin's suit made from that he wears on the Dark Road?
5. How long does Derfel estimate that the battle took between the Britons and the Saxons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Merlin pledge his life for before leaving to find the cauldron?
2. How does Derfel realize that all the ruses that they had devised to make Aelle attack and the sacrifice they made were wasted efforts?
3. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
4. What do Merlin and Nimue do to protect Ceinwyn after Lancelot's Druids threaten her life?
5. How does Arthur try to buy Agricola's vote to make Lancelot part of the fellowship of Mithras?
6. How do Derfel and Igraine keep Bishop Sansum from knowing that Derfel is writing tales of Arthur?
7. Who are the two important Saxon kings, and how did they get along with one another?
8. What is Derfel's childhood history?
9. What does Bishop Sansum believe about Samain Eve?
10. How do Merlin, Derfel, and the others escape from Diwrnach?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)