|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the monastery cook where Derfel lives as an old man?
(a) Brother Cei.
(b) Brother Merit.
(c) Brother Byron.
(d) Brother Arun.
2. Who is Lancelot's mother?
3. What is the name of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
(b) Cwm Isaf.
(c) Caer Gei.
4. Who, dressed in full war gear, flanks Lancelot when he comes to the baptismal site in Corinium?
(a) Arthur's twin sons.
(d) Arthur and Galahad.
5. Over what shrine is Bishop Sansum guardian?
(a) Holy Cross.
(b) Holy Church.
(c) Holy Thorn.
(d) Holy Shroud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many towers does Annwn have?
2. How many days does it take for Merlin and his group to reach Caer Gei?
3. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
4. What type of trees are near Annwn?
5. What is Ceinwyn called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Merlin and Nimue do to protect Ceinwyn after Lancelot's Druids threaten her life?
2. What is left for the dead on Samain Eve?
3. How is Derfel met by the pagans and by the Christians as he and his men march to Corinium?
4. How do Derfel and Igraine keep Bishop Sansum from knowing that Derfel is writing tales of Arthur?
5. What does Bishop Sansum believe about Samain Eve?
6. Who are Dinas and Lavaine?
7. What did Merlin pledge his life for before leaving to find the cauldron?
8. What does Derfel do with pieces of the bone that Merlin gave him?
9. How does Lancelot evade being turned down to join the Fellowship of Mithras?
10. How does Derfel picture his life after death?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)