|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parchments could be filled with the names of the dead that Derfel remembers?
2. Who, dressed in full war gear, flanks Lancelot when he comes to the baptismal site in Corinium?
(a) Arthur's twin sons.
(d) Arthur and Galahad.
3. After Merlin suggests a sacrifice to the gods, how many days does Arthur think it will take for Aelle to ready his forces for battle?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 7 days.
4. How many men does Merlin try to get to follow the Dark Road?
5. How many men does Derfel believe Aelle brings to battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Merlin say that Arthur wishes Derfel would marry?
2. How many fingers is Aelle missing on his right hand?
3. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
4. What is Cerdic's cloak made of when he meets with Arthur on the battlefield where Aelle is defeated?
5. Where might others from the great days be living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Merlin, Derfel, and the others escape from Diwrnach?
2. What slows Arthur's troops as they go to battle the Saxons?
3. What happens when Derfel breaks the bone that Merlin has given him?
4. How is Derfel met by the pagans and by the Christians as he and his men march to Corinium?
5. What does Bishop Sansum believe about Samain Eve?
6. How does Derfel picture his life after death?
7. Who is Sagramor?
8. Who are the two important Saxon kings, and how did they get along with one another?
9. What do Merlin and Nimue do to protect Ceinwyn after Lancelot's Druids threaten her life?
10. What does Arthur imply Derfel would gain if he proposes Lancelot for membership in the fellowship of Mithras?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)