|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Arthur at the time of the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
2. Who is sent to give Aelle misinformation about Arthur's plans?
3. How many of Derfel's men stay as part of Cuneglas's palace guard when he goes to meet Arthur in the spring?
4. According to Derfel, who is the Roman god of war?
5. How many men does Aelle take with him to meet with Arthur and Cerdic in London?
6. How many men does Derfel believe Aelle brings to battle?
7. Whom does Arthur assign to guard the southern frontier against Cerdric in the upcoming battle with the Saxons?
(a) Cuneglas and his men.
(b) Lancelot and his spearmen.
(c) Derfel and his men.
(d) Culhwch and his men.
8. How many chambers branch off the central chamber of the Old People's mound?
9. How many men does Merlin try to get to follow the Dark Road?
10. What color cross does Bishop Sansum wear when he comes to the baptismal site in Corinium?
11. Now that winter is approaching, how many months has Arthur sworn to peace with the Saxons?
12. Who helps Guinevere decorate her new palace?
13. What type of trees are near Annwn?
14. Whom does Arthur wish to give Siluria to?
15. How long does Derfel estimate that the battle took between the Britons and the Saxons?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Derfel have his men paint on their shields?
2. Who put a scar on Derfel's left hand?
3. Who is Lancelot's mother?
4. If Ceinwyn had stayed with Cadwallon on the Dark Road, which of his wives would she have been?
5. Who becomes Mordred's guardian after the battle of Lugg Vale?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)