|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who put a scar on Derfel's left hand?
2. Where is Derfel injured in the battle with the Saxons?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the thigh.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) On his left arm.
3. What does Agricola tell Derfel that Lancelot was buying at Magnis two months ago?
(a) A sword.
4. What does Bishop Sansum call Arthur?
(a) King of Britain.
(b) Golden Arthur.
(c) Ruler of Camelot.
(d) Enemy of God.
5. Lancelot's sword is called Tanlladwyr. What does that mean?
(a) Fire Blade.
(b) Deathly Killer.
(c) Blade of Blood.
(d) Bright Killer.
6. According to Bishop Samsun, who came to Lancelot in a dream?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The Lord Jesus Christ.
(d) The Apostle Paul.
7. How many men does Merlin try to get to follow the Dark Road?
8. Who is the monastery cook where Derfel lives as an old man?
(a) Brother Merit.
(b) Brother Byron.
(c) Brother Cei.
(d) Brother Arun.
9. How many British kingdoms come together to fight the Saxons?
10. Where is Culhwch injured during the battle with the Saxons?
(a) On the left leg.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the thigh.
(d) On the right arm.
11. How long does Derfel estimate that the battle took between the Britons and the Saxons?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
12. How many men does Cerdic have when he comes to the battlefield where the Britons defeat Aelle?
(a) 250 men.
(b) 400 men.
(c) 300 men.
(d) 150 men.
13. How many parchments could be filled with the names of the dead that Derfel remembers?
14. Who is sent to give Aelle misinformation about Arthur's plans?
15. Whom does Arthur wish to give Siluria to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the journey to find the cauldron, where does Merlin pledge his life for the search?
2. How many swords does Arthur get when he orders that every household that has a sword that is not already pledged to the army's service should be surrendered?
3. How many of Dwirnach's men encircle Derfel, Merlin, and the others on Ynys Mon?
4. How many ponies does Cuneglas give Derfel and Cinewyn as they follow Merlin on the Dark Road?
5. Where does Merlin go after the journey to Ynys Mon?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)