|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what shrine is Bishop Sansum guardian?
(a) Holy Thorn.
(b) Holy Church.
(c) Holy Shroud.
(d) Holy Cross.
2. Before the journey to find the cauldron, where does Merlin pledge his life for the search?
(a) Cadair Idris.
(c) Cwm Isaf.
3. What was Oengus Mac Airem promised as a share for his part in the battle remembered in Part I?
(a) 75 slaves and 3/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
(b) 100 slaves and 1/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
(c) 100 slaves and 1/3 of Gundleus's treasury.
(d) 50 slaves and 1/2 of Gundleus's treasury.
4. What color cross does Bishop Sansum wear when he comes to the baptismal site in Corinium?
5. What does Agricola tell Derfel that Lancelot was buying at Magnis two months ago?
(d) A sword.
6. How many points could the stars have that Cavan and the others could paint on their shields when they renew their vows to Derfel?
7. Where might others from the great days be living?
(b) Ireland or Lothian.
(c) Cwm Isaf.
(d) Ynys Mon.
8. What is the name of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
(b) Cwm Isaf.
(c) Caer Gei.
9. How many days do Derfel, Merlin, and the others hide from the Bloodshields in a mound made by the Old People?
10. What banner does Cerdic's army carry when he comes to meet the Britons after they defeat Aelle?
(a) Two swords crossed on a wolf skin.
(b) A Wolf's skull painted red with the tanned skin of a dead man.
(c) A pair of wolf tails attached to a bone.
(d) A pair of horsetails attached to a bone.
11. What king was killed in the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
(a) King Tewdric.
(b) King Uther.
(c) King Mordred.
(d) King Gorfyddyd.
12. What trees grow on the steep sides of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
13. What does Merlin tell Cerdic he would take in payment for the cauldron?
(b) Cerdic's head.
(c) Cerdic's liver.
(d) Cerdic's heart.
14. What woman rides with Lancelot to the baptismal site in Corinium?
15. What is Merlin's suit made from that he wears on the Dark Road?
(a) Wolf pelt.
(b) Black bear fur.
(c) Otter fur.
(d) Deer skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Guinevere decorate her new palace?
2. Where was the battle that Derfel remembers at the beginning of Part I?
3. How many parchments could be filled with the names of the dead that Derfel remembers?
4. According to Derfel, who is the Roman god of war?
5. How many swords does Arthur get when he orders that every household that has a sword that is not already pledged to the army's service should be surrendered?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)