|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Derfel's men left him when he decides to follow the Dark Road?
2. When do Merlin and Nimue come to see Derfel and Cinewyn on their farm?
(a) Just days before the winter solstice.
(b) A day after the winter solstice.
(c) Three days after the winter solstice.
(d) On the winter solstice.
3. How many British kingdoms come together to fight the Saxons?
4. What trees grow on the steep sides of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
5. How many chambers branch off the central chamber of the Old People's mound?
6. How many ponies does Cuneglas give Derfel and Cinewyn as they follow Merlin on the Dark Road?
7. What was Oengus Mac Airem promised as a share for his part in the battle remembered in Part I?
(a) 100 slaves and 1/3 of Gundleus's treasury.
(b) 50 slaves and 1/2 of Gundleus's treasury.
(c) 75 slaves and 3/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
(d) 100 slaves and 1/4 of Gorfyddyd's treasury.
8. Who is sent to give Aelle misinformation about Arthur's plans?
9. How many men does Cerdic have when he comes to the battlefield where the Britons defeat Aelle?
(a) 300 men.
(b) 250 men.
(c) 150 men.
(d) 400 men.
10. How many of Dwirnach's men encircle Derfel, Merlin, and the others on Ynys Mon?
11. Where does Merlin go after the journey to Ynys Mon?
(a) Caer Ambra.
(b) Ynys Trebes.
(c) Ynys Wydryn.
(d) Ynys Wit.
12. Who comes with Cerdic when he meets the Britons on the battlefield where they defeat Aelle?
(a) Bishop Sansum.
(c) Mark of Kernow.
13. When Aelle comes to talk with Cuneglas, Meurig, Agricola, Merlin, Sagramor, and Derfel before battle, who is the one person he does not insult?
14. How many points could the stars have that Cavan and the others could paint on their shields when they renew their vows to Derfel?
15. Who killed the King of Siluria in the battle at the beginning of Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lancelot's mother?
2. How many slaves have to be sent to Diwrnach from Caer Gei yearly?
3. How many parchments could be filled with the names of the dead that Derfel remembers?
4. How many of Arthur's spearmen are Christians?
5. What does Agricola tell Derfel that Lancelot was buying at Magnis two months ago?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)