|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Merlin and Nimue come to see Derfel and Cinewyn on their farm?
(a) A day after the winter solstice.
(b) Just days before the winter solstice.
(c) On the winter solstice.
(d) Three days after the winter solstice.
2. Where might others from the great days be living?
(a) Cwm Isaf.
(b) Ireland or Lothian.
(d) Ynys Mon.
3. Whom does Arthur assign to guard the southern frontier against Cerdric in the upcoming battle with the Saxons?
(a) Lancelot and his spearmen.
(b) Cuneglas and his men.
(c) Derfel and his men.
(d) Culhwch and his men.
4. Who comes with Cerdic when he meets the Britons on the battlefield where they defeat Aelle?
(a) Bishop Sansum.
(c) Mark of Kernow.
5. How many of Derfel's men stay as part of Cuneglas's palace guard when he goes to meet Arthur in the spring?
6. How long does it take to reach Corinium from Magnis as Derfel marches with Agricola's men?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
7. Who put a scar on Derfel's left hand?
8. Who does Arthur want to lead Derfel's men when they go to their next assignment after the battle in Part I?
9. Where does Lancelot move Siluria's government?
(a) To Dunum.
(b) To Magnis.
(c) To Lloegyr.
(d) To Isca.
10. After crossing the bridge across the Pontes, how many wagons are immobilized by a surprise attack by the Saxons?
11. What handicap does Mordred have?
(a) An unsightly birthmark on his face.
(b) A humpback.
(c) A twisted left foot.
(d) A shriveled left arm.
12. How many men does Merlin try to get to follow the Dark Road?
13. What does Agricola tell Derfel that Lancelot was buying at Magnis two months ago?
(a) A sword.
14. Which two women come in an ox cart to the baptismal site in Corinium?
(a) Dian and Morwenna.
(b) Helledd and Ceinwyn.
(c) Ailleann and Ade.
(d) Queen Elaine and Guinevere.
15. When Derfel and his men are the first to cross the bridge across the Pontes, what do they find in the middle?
(a) A horse's head.
(b) A dog's head.
(c) A dead goat.
(d) A dead sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the crosses made from on the lovers' rings that Derfel makes for himself and for Ceinwyn?
2. What is the name of the valley where Ceinwyn and Derfel stay?
3. What does Bishop Sansum call Arthur?
4. Who was the King of Siluria at the beginning of Part I?
5. How many swords does Arthur get when he orders that every household that has a sword that is not already pledged to the army's service should be surrendered?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)