|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take for Merlin and his group to reach Caer Gei?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 7 days.
2. How many British kingdoms come together to fight the Saxons?
3. What does Merlin tell Cerdic he would take in payment for the cauldron?
(b) Cerdic's liver.
(c) Cerdic's heart.
(d) Cerdic's head.
4. How many swords does Arthur get when he orders that every household that has a sword that is not already pledged to the army's service should be surrendered?
5. Who will Arthur send to help King Tewdric face the Saxons?
6. Who does Arthur want to lead Derfel's men when they go to their next assignment after the battle in Part I?
7. When Derfel and his men are the first to cross the bridge across the Pontes, what do they find in the middle?
(a) A dead goat.
(b) A horse's head.
(c) A dead sheep.
(d) A dog's head.
8. Whom did Arthur have children with before Guinevere?
9. When do Merlin and Nimue come to see Derfel and Cinewyn on their farm?
(a) Just days before the winter solstice.
(b) On the winter solstice.
(c) Three days after the winter solstice.
(d) A day after the winter solstice.
10. What does Bishop Sansum call Arthur?
(a) Ruler of Camelot.
(b) King of Britain.
(c) Enemy of God.
(d) Golden Arthur.
11. What nickname does Nimue call Bishop Sansum?
(a) Lord of the Dung Heap.
(b) Rat Lord.
(c) Lord of the Flies.
(d) Mouse Lord.
12. What color cross does Bishop Sansum wear when he comes to the baptismal site in Corinium?
13. In what direction will Arthur travel after the battle that is remembered in Part I?
14. Where does Guinevere have a new palace built?
(a) Aquae Sulia.
(d) Caer Ambra.
15. What is the name of the monastery where Derfel and Bishop Sansum live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves have to be sent to Diwrnach from Caer Gei yearly?
2. Who helps Guinevere decorate her new palace?
3. How long does it take Aelle to persuade his men to assault Arthur's shield-wall?
4. How many of Derfel's men stay as part of Cuneglas's palace guard when he goes to meet Arthur in the spring?
5. According to Bishop Samsun, who came to Lancelot in a dream?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)