|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boat is towed by another?
(a) Stancomb Wills
(b) Willard Leeds
(c) James Caird
(d) Dudley Docker
2. Who is left in charge of the remaining crew?
3. What do the men do after they arrive on South Georgia Island?
(a) Wash their clothes in a stream
(b) Create a hut
(c) Kill a seal for food
(d) Find a brook and drink
4. What does Shackleton do the first night after they leave Elephant Island?
(a) Turns around and goes back
(b) Fish off the side of the boat
(c) Discuss the situation with Worsley
5. What runs out, causing the men to look for combustible items?
(a) Seal meat
Short Answer Questions
1. What date is assigned as an improbable return date for Shackleton?
2. How long had it been since the men had stood on solid ground?
3. What do the men wrap around the hut to keep it warmer?
4. About how long are the boats?
5. What do the men use as a base for their crude hut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men experience as they go through Drake Passage?
2. What is the approach to Elephant Island like?
3. What is the condition of the men as they land on shore?
4. How do the men spend their time in the boat as they try to reach South Georgia Island?
5. What do the men do after they land at Elephant Island?
6. What do the men do in the time that they wait for Shackleton to return?
7. What is the condition of the men once they reach South Georgia Island?
8. Who is first on shore? Why?
9. What do the men do to prepare for Shackleton's rescue attempt?
10. What is the beach and island like that the men land on? How do the men feel about it?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)