|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the beach on the island?
(a) 200 feet by 150 feet
(b) 100 feet by 50 feet
(c) 500 feet by 300 feet
(d) 20 feet by 30 feet
2. What do the men lack in the boats that causes problems?
3. How long do the men decide that the normal watches will be?
(a) Twelve hours
(b) One hour
(c) Eight hours
(d) Four hours
4. Where do the men finally land with the boats?
(a) Danger Islet
(b) Elephant Island
(c) Paulet Island
(d) Maccos Island
5. How many men go with Shackleton on the escape attempt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boat is towed by another?
2. What date is assigned as an improbable return date for Shackleton?
3. How do the men warm their hands from the trip to the new camp?
4. Whose navigational skills does Shackleton have to trust in?
5. What surrounds the beach on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like as the men try to make it to Elephant Island?
2. What happens to Blackboro after Shackleton leaves the island?
3. How do the men spend their time in the boat as they try to reach South Georgia Island?
4. How does Shackleton feel as the group sets out in the boat?
5. Who is first on shore? Why?
6. What is the condition of the men once they reach South Georgia Island?
7. How does Shackleton organize the watch on the boat?
8. What do the men do in the time that they wait for Shackleton to return?
9. What do the men do to prepare for Shackleton's rescue attempt?
10. What is the experience in the boats like for the men?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)