|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men warm their hands from the trip to the new camp?
(a) In the hot springs near the camp
(b) In the guts of freshly killed seals
(c) By huddling together
(d) By wrapping them in scarves
2. By late August, how do the men feel about their chance of rescue?
3. Which boat is the most manageable?
(a) Dudley Docker
(b) Stancomb Wills
(c) James Caird
(d) Willard Leeds
4. What do the men need to do almost constantly in the boat?
(a) Move from side to side
(b) Fill holes
(c) Pump water
5. About how wide are the boats?
(a) Two feet
(b) Ten feet
(c) Six feet
(d) Fifteen feet
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shackleton feel about relying on Worsley?
2. How long do the men decide that the normal watches will be?
3. Who suffers a heart attack?
4. What is used as a roof on the crude hut?
5. Who is the first person on shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the boats like that the men are forced to use?
2. What is the landing like on South Georgia Island?
3. What do the men think about their chance of rescue through Shackleton's attempt?
4. Why is the Drake Passage so dangerous?
5. What do the men experience as they go through Drake Passage?
6. What is the condition of the men once they reach South Georgia Island?
7. How do the men spend their time in the boat as they try to reach South Georgia Island?
8. Who is first on shore? Why?
9. Who is chosen to go with Shackleton on the rescue attempt? Why is each person chosen?
10. How do the men decide on the land that they want to target for landing?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)