|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the camp on Elephant Island known as?
(a) Ocean Camp II
(b) Wild Camp
(c) Stranded Camp
(d) Rocky Camp
2. How far do the men have to row to get to the island?
(a) Twenty miles
(b) Two miles
(c) Fifteen miles
(d) Seven miles
3. Which man is chosen to accompany Shackleton because of his navigation and small-boat abilities?
4. What word best describes the conditions in the hut?
5. What is used as a roof on the crude hut?
(a) The sails
(c) Seal hides
(d) The two boats
Short Answer Questions
1. The famous Cape Horn Rollers can get how high?
2. As the men approach the island, what are the wind speeds?
3. How many men go with Shackleton on the escape attempt?
4. Shackleton and his men suffer from what?
5. Who suffers a heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shackleton feel as the group sets out in the boat?
2. What do the men do to prepare for Shackleton's rescue attempt?
3. What are the boats like that the men are forced to use?
4. What is the condition of the men as they land on shore?
5. Why is the Drake Passage so dangerous?
6. What is the landing like on South Georgia Island?
7. What do the men think about their chance of rescue through Shackleton's attempt?
8. What is the experience in the boats like for the men?
9. Why does Shackleton decide to leave the island? Who does he consult with about the decision?
10. How do the men spend their time in the boat as they try to reach South Georgia Island?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)