|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person on shore?
2. What day do the men land again on South Georgia Island?
(a) May 10, 1916
(b) February 15, 1912
(c) August 21, 1916
(d) October 27, 1912
3. Which destination does Shackleton decide to try to reach?
(a) South Georgia Island
(b) Paulett Island
(c) Danger Island
(d) Wild Island
4. Once they get close to the island, for what do the men search?
(b) Fresh water
(d) A suitable landing place
5. Whose navigational skills does Shackleton have to trust in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shackleton take Vincent with him on the rescue attempt?
2. Which man is chosen to accompany Shackleton because of his navigation and small-boat abilities?
3. About how wide are the boats?
4. How do the men spend their time in the boat?
5. How many boats do the men travel in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shackleton feel as the group sets out in the boat?
2. What do the men think about their chance of rescue through Shackleton's attempt?
3. What do the men do to prepare for Shackleton's rescue attempt?
4. What is the condition of the men once they reach South Georgia Island?
5. What is the condition of the men as they land on shore?
6. What do the men do in the time that they wait for Shackleton to return?
7. What is the beach and island like that the men land on? How do the men feel about it?
8. How do the men spend their time in the boat as they try to reach South Georgia Island?
9. How do the men decide on the land that they want to target for landing?
10. What is the experience in the boats like for the men?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)