|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the first camp?
2. The crew forms social organizations based on what?
(a) Tent groups
(d) Positions in the crew
3. Who advises Shackleton at South Georgia Island?
(d) Dog sledders
4. What personal items are salvaged after the first sledging attempt?
(b) Carved masks
(d) Photographic equipment
5. For what are the dogs used?
(c) Chasing away bears
(d) Hunting seals
Short Answer Questions
1. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
2. What resumes as the light returns?
3. The shortages of food mean that the men have trouble with what?
4. Shackleton's second voyage earns him what?
5. How old is Shackleton at the start of the third voyage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What initial plan do the men make to put themselves in a better position?
2. The men begin to notice that the ice is affecting the Endurance. What is occurring and how is the Endurance affected?
3. What happens to the Patience Camp ice floe?
4. What is the experience like for the men as they trek with the sledges?
5. What is life like in the camps?
6. In preparation for the attempted trek to Paulet Island, how do the men prepare?
7. Why do the men struggle with getting the sledges across the ice?
8. What do the men do after they abandon the Endurance?
9. What experience does Shackleton have as an explorer?
10. How do the men get the gigantic leopard seal?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)