|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality best describes the men that Shackleton choose for his expedition?
2. What is in the stomach of the leopard seal that is shot?
(a) A man's hand
(b) A fishing line
(c) A squid
(d) 50 undigested fish
3. Toward the end of March, what land is sighted?
(a) Danger Islets
(b) Paulet Island
(c) Weddell Island
(d) Patience Islets
4. What game do the men play in camp?
5. Whose dog team is the last to be killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boats do the men take with them on the sledges?
2. Orde-Lees is one day stalked and then pursued by what?
3. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
4. The shortages of food mean that the men have trouble with what?
5. Before Shackleton renamed her Endurance, what was his ship known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads the men to take to the boats?
2. What are the men like that Shackleton takes with him as the crew?
3. What is the experience like for the men as they trek with the sledges?
4. What does Shackleton decide to do in December? What leads to this decision?
5. What do the men do after they abandon the Endurance?
6. What experience does Shackleton have as an explorer?
7. How many boats does the ship have? What do the men do to the boats?
8. What is the weather like while the Endurance is trapped in the ice?
9. As the men attempts sledging, what does McNeish do? How does Shackleton handle the situation?
10. How is the Endurance designed for a polar expedition?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)