|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shackleton is told that the Weddell Sea is full of what?
2. How far are the men from Paulet Island?
(a) 100 miles
(b) 500 miles
(c) 350 miles
(d) 10 miles
3. What does Shackleton acknowledge as the men try to make it across the pack ice?
(a) They have to abondon most of their food to lighten the sledge
(b) Progress by sledge is all but impossible
(c) He is dying of hypothermia
(d) They need to use the dog sleds
4. Who advises Shackleton at South Georgia Island?
(b) Dog sledders
5. Who gives funds to Shackleton's expedition
(a) Dudley Docker
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Edmund Hillary
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the dogs used?
2. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
3. The men come to realize that what will determine their fate?
4. What word best describes the pay for individuals on the voyage?
5. What happens on April 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like in the camps?
2. What happens to the Patience Camp ice floe?
3. What are the men like that Shackleton takes with him as the crew?
4. How do the men deal with the food shortages?
5. What do the men do to pass the time on the ice floe?
6. What concerns the men about their camp on the ice floe?
7. Why do the men struggle with getting the sledges across the ice?
8. How many boats does the ship have? What do the men do to the boats?
9. What initial plan do the men make to put themselves in a better position?
10. What do the men salvage off the Endurance?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)