|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shackleton move the food stores near his tent?
(a) To protect it from bears
(b) To get first choice
(c) To prevent theft
(d) To assert his leadership
2. What occurs in October 1915?
(a) Shackleton finally reaches the pole
(b) The men free the ship
(c) The Endurance begins to take on water
(d) Shackleton dies
3. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
(a) A saxaphone
(b) A piano
(c) A drum
(d) A banjo
4. What do the men do the first few days after abandoning ship?
(a) Transfer goods off the ship
(b) Build a shack
(c) Scout for whales
(d) Sit in depression
5. What do the men name the camp they create after trying the sledges for the first time?
(a) Death Camp
(b) Ocean Camp
(c) Endurance Camp
(d) Misery Camp
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarence Island is how many miles north of Patience Camp
2. For what are the dogs used?
3. What are the men able to salvage?
4. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
5. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shackleton pay for his expedition?
2. What is the experience like for the men as they trek with the sledges?
3. What happens to the Endurance?
4. What are the men like that Shackleton takes with him as the crew?
5. How do the men deal with the food shortages?
6. What do the men do to pass the time on the ice floe?
7. The men begin to notice that the ice is affecting the Endurance. What is occurring and how is the Endurance affected?
8. What is life like in the camps?
9. What leads the men to take to the boats?
10. What do the men salvage off the Endurance?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)