|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Robert F. Scott
(b) Edmund Hillary
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Francis Drake
2. Who builds a ten-foot high cofferdam in the aft?
3. What causes clashes in the camp?
(a) Whether to stay on the ice floe or not
(b) The various personalities
(c) The lack of food
(d) The progress the men make with the sledges
4. What personal items are salvaged after the first sledging attempt?
(b) Carved masks
(c) Photographic equipment
5. How much personal gear can each man take?
(a) Two pounds
(b) Fifteen pounds
(c) Seven pounds
(d) Ten pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarence Island is how many miles north of Patience Camp
2. Why does Shackleton stop the men from retrieving the three seals that they kill?
3. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
4. What are the men dependent on while they are on the pack ice?
5. After the end of February, at what task does the ship's crew work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like in the camps?
2. What do the men salvage off the Endurance?
3. What does Shackleton decide to do in December? What leads to this decision?
4. How do the men get the gigantic leopard seal?
5. What do the men do to pass the time on the ice floe?
6. What pieces of land do the men get relatively close to on the ice floe?
7. What do the men do after they realize that the Endurance is trapped in the ice?
8. What decision does Shackleton make that baffles the men? Why?
9. What concerns the men about their camp on the ice floe?
10. As the men attempts sledging, what does McNeish do? How does Shackleton handle the situation?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)