|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Francis Drake
(b) Edmund Hillary
(c) Robert F. Scott
(d) Christopher Columbus
2. What is the second camp called?
(a) Frozen Ice Camp
(b) Eternity Camp
(c) Waiting Camp
(d) Mark Time Camp
3. Where does Shackleton head for final provisioning?
(a) Cape Town
(c) Buenos Aires
(d) San Francisco
4. Which crew member doesn't fit in with the others?
5. During January, how strong do the winds get?
(a) 20 miles per hour
(b) 114 miles per hour
(c) 50 miles per hour
(d) 70 miles per hour
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the pay for individuals on the voyage?
2. What are the men dependent on while they are on the pack ice?
3. How far are the men from Paulet Island?
4. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
5. Who advises Shackleton at South Georgia Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shackleton pay for his expedition?
2. What do the men do after they realize that the Endurance is trapped in the ice?
3. What is the weather like while the Endurance is trapped in the ice?
4. What decision does Shackleton make that baffles the men? Why?
5. What do the men do after they abandon the Endurance?
6. What pieces of land do the men get relatively close to on the ice floe?
7. What are the men like that Shackleton takes with him as the crew?
8. As the men attempts sledging, what does McNeish do? How does Shackleton handle the situation?
9. What is life like in the camps?
10. What is the experience like for the men as they trek with the sledges?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)