|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
(a) Strong winds
2. What happens toward the end of November?
(a) Shackleton dies
(b) The crew stages a mutiny
(c) The Endurance sinks
(d) The dogs die
3. How many times has South Georgia Island been traversed as Shackleton and the men did?
(d) Many times
4. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
5. What is the temperature in June?
(a) 0 degrees Fahrenheit
(b) 32 degrees Fahrenheit
(c) 45 degrees Fahrenheit
(d) -17 degrees Fahrenheit
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the beach on the island?
2. To get to the town, the men have to climb down what?
3. How long do the men decide that the normal watches will be?
4. What town do the men try to get to on South Georgia Island?
5. What do the men do the first few days after abandoning ship?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)