|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dog team is the last to be killed?
2. By April, what surrounds Patience Camp?
(a) Pressure ridges
(b) Leopard seals
(c) Leads of open water
(d) Islets of land
3. Who builds a ten-foot high cofferdam in the aft?
4. How much personal gear can each man take?
(a) Fifteen pounds
(b) Two pounds
(c) Seven pounds
(d) Ten pounds
5. How many boats do the men take with them on the sledges?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shackleton sail after Buenos Aires?
2. How many pounds of meat does the leopard seal provide?
3. What does Shackleton decide to do once the new camp is established?
4. The men are sailing west, but in what direction do they find themselves going?
5. How many nautical miles do the men travel in the boats?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)