|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advises Shackleton at South Georgia Island?
(a) Dog sledders
2. What is the most dreaded bit of ocean on the planet?
(a) Berring Sea
(b) Drake Passage
(c) Cape of Good Hope
(d) Panama Canel
3. When the men try to reach land the first time, how high are the breakers in the surf tide?
(a) 12 feet
(b) 20 feet
(c) 40 feet
(d) 5 feet
4. Which word best describes the progress across the pack ice?
5. What do the men realize on their first morning on the island?
(a) There is no fresh water on the island
(b) A village is on the other side of the island
(c) The ocean is turning to ice around them
(d) The high-water mark is well above the level of the flat area
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
2. Orde-Lees is one day stalked and then pursued by what?
3. Why does Shackleton take Vincent with him on the rescue attempt?
4. Why does Shackleton move the food stores near his tent?
5. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)