|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shackleton decide to do once the new camp is established?
(a) Build a signal fire
(b) Take some men in one of the boats and try to get to civilization
(c) Wait for rescue
(d) Try to reach South America in the boats
2. What do the men name the camp they create after trying the sledges for the first time?
(a) Misery Camp
(b) Endurance Camp
(c) Ocean Camp
(d) Death Camp
3. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
(d) Strong winds
4. Of the following men, who remains behind on the island?
5. What do the men wrap around the hut to keep it warmer?
(d) Seal hides
Short Answer Questions
1. The crew forms social organizations based on what?
2. Toward the end of March, what land is sighted?
3. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
4. What quality best describes the men that Shackleton choose for his expedition?
5. Where did the men camp after abandoning the ship?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)