|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes clashes in the camp?
(a) The progress the men make with the sledges
(b) The various personalities
(c) The lack of food
(d) Whether to stay on the ice floe or not
2. Why did individuals want to be a part of Shackleton's expedition?
(a) Potential adventure and renown
(b) To escape prison
(c) Good wages
(d) Possible treasure
3. What is in the stomach of the leopard seal that is shot?
(a) A squid
(b) 50 undigested fish
(c) A fishing line
(d) A man's hand
4. About how wide are the boats?
(a) Six feet
(b) Ten feet
(c) Fifteen feet
(d) Two feet
5. Why is Elephant Island named what it is?
(a) One of the rocky cliffs is shaped like an elephant's trunk
(b) For the elephant seals living there
(c) The beach is shaped like an elephant's ear
(d) The first person there liked elephants
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
2. Once they get close to the island, for what do the men search?
3. What does McNeish do to the three boats?
4. What word best describes the pay for individuals on the voyage?
5. Where is a known cache of food and supplies?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)