|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boats do the men take with them on the sledges?
2. What is the third boat named, which is recovered from Ocean Camp?
(a) Dancing Sailor
(b) The Red Vessel
(c) Dogfight Boat
(d) Stancomb Wills
3. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Edmund Hillary
(b) Robert F. Scott
(c) Francis Drake
(d) Christopher Columbus
4. Which word best describes the progress across the pack ice?
5. What occurs in October 1915?
(a) The men free the ship
(b) The Endurance begins to take on water
(c) Shackleton dies
(d) Shackleton finally reaches the pole
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men name the camp they create after trying the sledges for the first time?
2. How much personal gear can each man take?
3. What begins to build up around the Endurance that worries the men?
4. What word best describes the conditions in the hut?
5. Which man is chosen to accompany Shackleton because of his navigation and small-boat abilities?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)