|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men come to realize that what will determine their fate?
(b) Their own determination
(c) External elements
2. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
(a) The three boats
(b) Nonessential items
(c) The heavy cooking items
(d) The dogs
3. What do Shackleton and the crew realize about the ice?
(a) It is more or less permanent
(b) They'll have to walk across it to the pole
(c) It will go away the following spring
(d) The Endurance can break through all but the thickest ice
4. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
(a) Hold dances
(b) Swim in the ocean
(c) Carve wooden swords
(d) Work on routine tasks
5. How far did the men go with the sledges, of the 200 that they needed to do?
(a) Twenty-five miles
(b) Nine miles
(c) One hundred miles
(d) One mile
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shackleton move the food stores near his tent?
2. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
3. What occurs in October 1915?
4. What do the men do the first few days after abandoning ship?
5. Who advises Shackleton at South Georgia Island?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)