|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By April, how large is Patience Camp?
(a) 600 yards across
(b) Three miles across
(c) A mile in diameter
(d) 200 yards across
2. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
(a) Strong winds
3. What do the men find that occupies their time?
(a) A magazine
(b) A record player
(c) A barrel of whiskey
(d) A deck of cards
4. Toward the end of March, what land is sighted?
(a) Weddell Island
(b) Danger Islets
(c) Patience Islets
(d) Paulet Island
5. What causes clashes in the camp?
(a) Whether to stay on the ice floe or not
(b) The various personalities
(c) The progress the men make with the sledges
(d) The lack of food
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
2. What word best describes the first camp?
3. How far away is Paulet Island from the Endurance?
4. How much personal gear can each man take?
5. What camp is located almost back to Ocean Camp?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)