|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shackleton stop the men from retrieving the three seals that they kill?
(a) A polar bear is not far away
(b) He wants to get them himself
(c) The ice is too dangerous where the seals are
(d) He doesn't want them eating seal meat
2. Who shoots the first dog team to be killed?
3. What is the main event in Chapter 1?
(a) The sinking of the Endurance by a hurricane
(b) The death of Shackleton and the crew
(c) The final push to the pole
(d) The crushing of the Endurance by the ice pack
4. By April, how large is Patience Camp?
(a) 600 yards across
(b) 200 yards across
(c) A mile in diameter
(d) Three miles across
5. What is the third boat named, which is recovered from Ocean Camp?
(a) Dancing Sailor
(b) The Red Vessel
(c) Stancomb Wills
(d) Dogfight Boat
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of meat does the leopard seal provide?
2. What is in the stomach of the leopard seal that is shot?
3. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
4. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
5. Why does Shackleton move the food stores near his tent?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)