|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What camp is located almost back to Ocean Camp?
(a) Waiting Camp
(b) Seal Camp
(c) Patience Camp
(d) Eternity Camp
2. What occurs in October 1915?
(a) The Endurance begins to take on water
(b) The men free the ship
(c) Shackleton dies
(d) Shackleton finally reaches the pole
3. What is in the stomach of the leopard seal that is shot?
(a) 50 undigested fish
(b) A fishing line
(c) A squid
(d) A man's hand
4. What does Shackleton acknowledge as the men try to make it across the pack ice?
(a) They need to use the dog sleds
(b) Progress by sledge is all but impossible
(c) He is dying of hypothermia
(d) They have to abondon most of their food to lighten the sledge
5. The crew forms social organizations based on what?
(b) Positions in the crew
(c) Tent groups
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on April 9?
2. Mortgaging the expedition means what?
3. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
4. Why did individuals want to be a part of Shackleton's expedition?
5. As the men attempt to move with the sledges, who refuses to go on until Shackleton intervenes?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)