|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shackleton's second voyage earns him what?
(a) His own ship
(c) A castle
2. What occurs in October 1915?
(a) The Endurance begins to take on water
(b) Shackleton finally reaches the pole
(c) Shackleton dies
(d) The men free the ship
3. After the end of February, at what task does the ship's crew work?
(a) Trying to free the ship from the ice
(b) Gathering firewood
(c) Burying the dead
(d) Reinforcing the ship's walls
4. What happens toward the end of November?
(a) The Endurance sinks
(b) Shackleton dies
(c) The dogs die
(d) The crew stages a mutiny
5. What resumes as the light returns?
(a) Seal hunting
(c) Chicken roasts
(d) Thickening ice
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boat is left behind when the men try sledging?
2. Where does Shackleton sail after Buenos Aires?
3. Where did the men camp after abandoning the ship?
4. How far away is Paulet Island from the Endurance?
5. Who builds a ten-foot high cofferdam in the aft?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)