|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a known cache of food and supplies?
(a) Francis Bay
(b) Paulet Island
(c) North Georgia Island
(d) Danger Island
2. Why did individuals want to be a part of Shackleton's expedition?
(a) Possible treasure
(b) To escape prison
(c) Good wages
(d) Potential adventure and renown
3. What do the men name the camp they create after trying the sledges for the first time?
(a) Death Camp
(b) Misery Camp
(c) Ocean Camp
(d) Endurance Camp
4. How much personal gear can each man take?
(a) Seven pounds
(b) Ten pounds
(c) Fifteen pounds
(d) Two pounds
5. After the end of February, at what task does the ship's crew work?
(a) Trying to free the ship from the ice
(b) Burying the dead
(c) Reinforcing the ship's walls
(d) Gathering firewood
Short Answer Questions
1. How much meat does the crew collect by the end of April?
2. What do the men find that occupies their time?
3. How far away is Paulet Island from the Endurance?
4. Who gives funds to Shackleton's expedition
5. How far are the men from Paulet Island?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)