|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who builds a ten-foot high cofferdam in the aft?
2. Shackleton is told that the Weddell Sea is full of what?
3. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
(a) Hold dances
(b) Swim in the ocean
(c) Work on routine tasks
(d) Carve wooden swords
4. Which crew member doesn't fit in with the others?
5. Why did individuals want to be a part of Shackleton's expedition?
(a) To escape prison
(b) Possible treasure
(c) Potential adventure and renown
(d) Good wages
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stows away on the ship in order to become a crew member?
2. How old is Shackleton at the start of the third voyage?
3. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
4. What begins to build up around the Endurance that worries the men?
5. What is the main event in Chapter 1?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)