|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main event in Chapter 1?
(a) The death of Shackleton and the crew
(b) The sinking of the Endurance by a hurricane
(c) The crushing of the Endurance by the ice pack
(d) The final push to the pole
2. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
(a) 56 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 500 miles
(d) 97 miles
3. The Endurance gets to within 200 miles of Vahsel Bay by when?
(b) March 30
(d) June 1
4. What quality best describes the men that Shackleton choose for his expedition?
5. How much meat does the crew collect by the end of April?
(a) Two and a half tons
(b) One ton
(d) Five tons
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Shackleton and the crew realize about the ice?
2. Who builds a ten-foot high cofferdam in the aft?
3. Mortgaging the expedition means what?
4. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
5. What occurs in October 1915?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)