|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boat is towed by another?
(a) James Caird
(b) Stancomb Wills
(c) Dudley Docker
(d) Willard Leeds
2. Which boat does Shackleton use for the escape attempt?
(a) Daniel Wesley
(b) James Caird
(c) Stancomb Willis
(d) Dudley Docker
3. What do the men wrap around the hut to keep it warmer?
(b) Seal hides
4. Toward the end of March, what land is sighted?
(a) Patience Islets
(b) Danger Islets
(c) Paulet Island
(d) Weddell Island
5. What word best describes the experience of the men in the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since the men had sailed away from South Georgia Island on their way to the pole?
2. Of the following men, who remains behind on the island?
3. How much meat does the crew collect by the end of April?
4. By April, what surrounds Patience Camp?
5. What animal is in relative abundance on the island?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)