|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Shackleton's sailing vessel?
2. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Edmund Hillary
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Robert F. Scott
(d) Francis Drake
3. Which man is chosen to accompany Shackleton because of his navigation and small-boat abilities?
4. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
(a) 500 miles
(b) 97 miles
(c) 2 miles
(d) 56 miles
5. How fast does the crew estimate their speed to be through the Drake Passage?
(a) Two knots
(b) Ten knots
(c) 16 knots
(d) Five knots
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men see when the fog lifts?
2. What is ever present in the camps?
3. The Endurance gets to within 200 miles of Vahsel Bay by when?
4. What confines the men to their tents for days at a time?
5. How many men go with Shackleton on the escape attempt?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)