|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men come to realize that what will determine their fate?
(b) Their own determination
(d) External elements
2. For what are the dogs used?
(a) Hunting seals
(c) Chasing away bears
3. The men are sailing west, but in what direction do they find themselves going?
4. During January, how strong do the winds get?
(a) 20 miles per hour
(b) 50 miles per hour
(c) 114 miles per hour
(d) 70 miles per hour
5. The Endurance is designed to sail with what?
(b) Strong winds
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main event in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Elephant Island named what it is?
3. Who works on the ship's three boats?
4. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
5. The famous Cape Horn Rollers can get how high?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)