|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elephant Island named what it is?
(a) The beach is shaped like an elephant's ear
(b) One of the rocky cliffs is shaped like an elephant's trunk
(c) For the elephant seals living there
(d) The first person there liked elephants
2. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Edmund Hillary
(b) Robert F. Scott
(c) Christopher Columbus
(d) Francis Drake
3. What word best describes the first camp?
4. What runs out, causing the men to look for combustible items?
(d) Seal meat
5. The men are sailing west, but in what direction do they find themselves going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main event in Chapter 1?
2. How far did the men go with the sledges, of the 200 that they needed to do?
3. What begins to build up around the Endurance that worries the men?
4. What do the men do the first few days after abandoning ship?
5. Who suffers a heart attack?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)