|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
(a) The heavy cooking items
(b) The three boats
(c) Nonessential items
(d) The dogs
2. Which word best describes the progress across the pack ice?
3. What do Shackleton and the crew realize about the ice?
(a) They'll have to walk across it to the pole
(b) The Endurance can break through all but the thickest ice
(c) It is more or less permanent
(d) It will go away the following spring
4. How far away is Paulet Island from the Endurance?
(a) 230 miles
(b) 97 miles
(c) 350 miles
(d) 54 miles
5. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mortgaging the expedition means what?
2. What quality best describes the men that Shackleton choose for his expedition?
3. What do the men discover about the new camp?
4. What personal items are salvaged after the first sledging attempt?
5. Who works on the ship's three boats?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)