|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resumes as the light returns?
(a) Seal hunting
(c) Chicken roasts
(d) Thickening ice
2. What happens toward the end of November?
(a) The dogs die
(b) The Endurance sinks
(c) The crew stages a mutiny
(d) Shackleton dies
3. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
4. Who works on the ship's three boats?
5. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
(a) A piano
(b) A drum
(c) A banjo
(d) A saxaphone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature in June?
2. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
3. What do the men name the camp they create after trying the sledges for the first time?
4. As the men attempt to move with the sledges, who refuses to go on until Shackleton intervenes?
5. What does Shackleton acknowledge as the men try to make it across the pack ice?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)