|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McNeish do to the three boats?
(a) Make them more comfortable
(b) Reinforce them
(c) Paint them
(d) Expand them
2. What is the seal blubber used for?
(c) Tent floors
3. Orde-Lees is one day stalked and then pursued by what?
(a) Leopard Seal
(d) Polar Bear
4. What happens toward the end of November?
(a) The Endurance sinks
(b) The crew stages a mutiny
(c) Shackleton dies
(d) The dogs die
5. What do Shackleton and the crew realize about the ice?
(a) The Endurance can break through all but the thickest ice
(b) It is more or less permanent
(c) It will go away the following spring
(d) They'll have to walk across it to the pole
Short Answer Questions
1. What exception does Shackleton make to the two-pound personal gear rule?
2. By April, how large is Patience Camp?
3. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
4. What do the men find that occupies their time?
5. About how long are the boats?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)