|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds of meat does the leopard seal provide?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 5000 pounds
2. How far do the men have to row to get to the island?
(a) Fifteen miles
(b) Twenty miles
(c) Two miles
(d) Seven miles
3. For what are the dogs used?
(a) Chasing away bears
(d) Hunting seals
4. What almost overturns the boats when they are first launched?
(a) A whale
(b) A tide rip
(c) A pressure ridge
(d) A leopard seal
5. Who shoots the first dog team to be killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives funds to Shackleton's expedition
2. Where does Shackleton sail after Buenos Aires?
3. Where do the men finally land with the boats?
4. What does the crew do during the months they are trapped?
5. Which word best describes the progress across the pack ice?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)