|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
2. What are the men dependent on while they are on the pack ice?
(a) The motion and direction of the ice
(b) The stars
(c) The height of the waves
(d) Their oars
3. As the men approach the island, what are the wind speeds?
(a) 25 miles an hour
(b) 70 miles an hour
(c) 5 miles an hour
(d) 100 miles an hour
4. The crew forms social organizations based on what?
(a) Positions in the crew
(b) Tent groups
5. What do the men discover about the new camp?
(a) The ice is strong and permanent
(b) There are many seals in the area
(c) The ice floe is unstable
(d) It is not big enough for the sledges
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do after they arrive on South Georgia Island?
2. What word best describes the experience of the men in the boat?
3. What do the men need to do almost constantly in the boat?
4. Which crew member refuses to work?
5. How many boats do the men travel in?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)