|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men approach the island, what are the wind speeds?
(a) 70 miles an hour
(b) 25 miles an hour
(c) 100 miles an hour
(d) 5 miles an hour
2. How long had it been since the men had stood on solid ground?
(a) 497 days
(b) 613 days
(c) 569 days
(d) 321 days
3. In the boats, the men suffer from what?
(a) Freezing temperatures
(b) Food poisoning
(c) Low winds
4. What game do the men play in camp?
5. What word best describes the first camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal items are salvaged after the first sledging attempt?
2. What day do the men land again on South Georgia Island?
3. What does McNeish do to the three boats?
4. What resumes as the light returns?
5. When the men try to reach land the first time, how high are the breakers in the surf tide?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)