|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Blackboro?
(a) He dies of starvation
(b) Another man kills him
(c) His feet freeze
(d) He falls overboard
2. Shackleton and his men suffer from what?
(a) Tropical fever
(c) Trench foot
3. What does Shackleton do the first night after they leave Elephant Island?
(b) Fish off the side of the boat
(c) Turns around and goes back
(d) Discuss the situation with Worsley
4. What happens toward the end of November?
(a) Shackleton dies
(b) The Endurance sinks
(c) The dogs die
(d) The crew stages a mutiny
5. In the boats, the men suffer from what?
(a) Food poisoning
(b) Freezing temperatures
(d) Low winds
Short Answer Questions
1. About 250 miles from South Georgia Island, a rogue wave breaks what?
2. How long had it been since the men had stood on solid ground?
3. Who is the first person on shore?
4. Once they get close to the island, for what do the men search?
5. What personal items are salvaged after the first sledging attempt?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)