|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Shackleton decide to try the sledges again?
2. What surrounds the beach on the island?
(b) Ice floes
(d) Vertical cliffs
3. The crew forms social organizations based on what?
(b) Positions in the crew
(c) Tent groups
4. How long had it been since the men had stood on solid ground?
(a) 321 days
(b) 569 days
(c) 497 days
(d) 613 days
5. How far are the men from Paulet Island?
(a) 500 miles
(b) 350 miles
(c) 100 miles
(d) 10 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do after they arrive on South Georgia Island?
2. What does Shackleton insist must be abandoned?
3. Who works on the ship's three boats?
4. Where is a known cache of food and supplies?
5. What does McNeish do to the three boats?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)