1. Shackleton is which of the following?
(a) A doctor
(b) A polar explorer
(c) A ship builder
(d) A whaler
2. How old is Shackleton at the start of the third voyage?
3. Shackleton's first voyage is under whose leadership?
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Francis Drake
(c) Robert F. Scott
(d) Edmund Hillary
4. Shackleton's second voyage got how close to the pole?
(a) 2 miles
(b) 56 miles
(c) 500 miles
(d) 97 miles
5. Shackleton's second voyage earns him what?
(c) A castle
(d) His own ship
6. Where was the route supposed to start from in the first expedition of Shackleton's proposed trans-Antarctic expedition?
(a) Vahsel Bay
(b) Bay of Fundy
(c) Prudhoe Bay
(d) Lake Superior
7. What was the name of Shackleton's sailing vessel?
8. Mortgaging the expedition means what?
(a) Putting up the ship and supplies as collatoral
(b) Agreeing to pay back the amount loaned or the ship could be repossessed
(c) Putting the expedition into debt by buying supplies
(d) Selling in advance the rights to whatever commercial exploitation the expedition might produce
This section contains 3,536 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)