|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do some people say is Bean's big brother?
2. How is Achilles restrained as he tells Bean about his crimes?
3. Why does the Rabbit army lose battles?
4. How far in the future is the final battle with the Buggers?
5. How does Major Anderson react to Ender’s strategy in the practice battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bean set up Achilles to be submitted to justice?
2. What does Carlotta learn about the biological relationship between Volescu and Bean?
3. What does Bean learn about Achilles at the Battle School, and how do Bean and Achilles get along?
4. What does Graff tell the team about the war after Ender’s last battle and what do they hear in the Command School?
5. What do members of the Salamander army threaten and what does Bean do when he sees them?
6. How does Ender use Bean’s ideas with safety rope in a practice battle?
7. What could the informtion about Bean's parents that Carlotta learned in Chapter 14 mean to Bean?
8. How many are on the team that is going to fight the Buggers, and what does Anderson think about the leadership of that team?
9. What is an ansible and how is it used?
10. What does Ender do with his team in the battle room in Chapter 13, and why is Bean at a disadvantage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an important part of what makes Ender’s Shadow interesting.
Thoroughly discuss and analyze Bean. What are his strengths and weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he usually likable? Seldom likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas. Use the same criteria to thoroughly discuss and analyze Ender.
Essay Topic 2
Although the battle is a victory for earth, the entire fleet is killed to achieve it.
Do you think Ender sacrificing the entire fleet was the right choice? Do you think if Bean had been the leader he would have been able to do the same as Ender? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bean sees Achilles kiss Poke and then later she is found dead. Bean knows that Achilles killed her.
Why do you think Achilles kills Poke, and what is some of the foreshadowing before it happens that may have led a reader to suspect it was going to happen? Use examples from Ender’s Shadow to support your response.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)