|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many practice sessions does Bean put the Rabbit army through in Chapter 21?
2. Where is the command school located?
3. What was the location of the command school used for before it became the school?
4. What is the first thing Ender does with the army?
5. How far in the future is the final battle with the Buggers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ender and Bean have a confrontation in Chapter 13?
2. How does the final confrontation between Ender and Bonzo take place and what happens?
3. What does Bean do with the Rabbit Army in Chapter 21, and why does he do it?
4. How does Ender use Bean’s ideas with safety rope in a practice battle?
5. What does Bean do with his toon at the beginning of Chapter 17 and what does Bean ask Graff?
6. What does Achilles think about doing to Bean in Chapter 17 and why?
7. What does Bean learn about Achilles at the Battle School, and how do Bean and Achilles get along?
8. What is an ansible and how is it used?
9. What weakness does Bean observe about Ender’s strategies?
10. What does Bean plan to do with the safety cord he gets from supply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ender’s Shadow belongs to the science fiction genre.
Define the literary term "genre" and name three other genres in addition to the science fiction genre. What are the advantages and disadvantages of assigning a genre to a novel? What do you think is the difference between a science fiction and a historical novel or mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Bean and Ender seem to come to a good working relationship although they have moments of confrontation.
Discuss Bean and Ender’s relationship. Would you call them friends? How does their relationship differ from what would be students in a normal school? Do you think Ender likes Bean? What about Bean liking Ender? Use examples from Ender’s Shadow to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
When Poke finds Bean on the streets she takes him into her crew. He shows the crew how to work together to get their needs met.
Discuss the ways in which Bean changes the lives of Poke’s crew.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)